Why I'm a believer

Fat-G

Yall know I'm still really new to swimbaiting. I think I have a total of nine swimbaits right now. Not nine different types of swimbaits and various baits for each type, nine all together. I've been fishing long enough to know what quality means in the fishing world. I'm a modifier, I love to tweak baits to make them perform better for me, and I've been doing that for three years now. The thing I love/hate about 3:16 baits is that there is nothing to tweak. I feel like Mickey doesn't sell a product until he knows it is perfect. I looked at a Rising Son for a full hour one day thinking about what I could shave off, add on, etc. to make it a better bait, and I put it down in disgust as I realized it's perfect as it is. There's nothing you can do to a freaking Rising Son to make it get bit more.

My first two wakebaits were a 12" Slammer and a 9" Slammer. After a couple fish, the big one had some huge chunks of paint missing, scratches all over it, etc. Same with the 9". With the 9" it started before I had even caught anything on it. I got my Baby Bass Wake Jr. about a week ago, and it has caught 4 fish for me - one dink and the rest between 4-5 pounds. There isn't a single mark, scratch, or chip on it. That right there folks is a QUALITY bait. I've literally had days when I've had bites/follows on a Rising Son on EVERY CAST for two hours straight. It's my top producing bait ever, and it's bigger than 90% of the baits I used to throw.

Only got a pic of one of the Wake Jr. fish.This one hit it SO HARD on a full body walk the dog retrieve, my friend jumped. I had a big fish knock it a foot out of the water the same day, but no hookup.

40a40aab.jpg

Very nice Hayden. That bait just gets better as you "break it in".

-Ali

I was fishing the other day and my buddy MX was throwing his JR and I couldn't believe how loud it was. Keep chucking it:)

Ha ha! Awesome post man!!! Thanks for the thumbs up approval, but I can't stress it enough.............. 99% of the time YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! 8-)

side note/................All's I got to say is you ain't seen ish yet! Too bad the little creepy knock off queens can't figure out anything new!All they do now is wait around for the next bait that's getting bit and do the MOST pathedic knock off's I ever seen!Anyone notice the swimbait market doesn't have anything new?????? :lol::lol::lol: It seem that the dumb a55es that support the knock off stuff are the same lames that are crying about there is nothing new! :lol:

Anyway......................... If it's cheaper....................... that's because it's cheaper! 8-)

I agree 100%. I payed over $100 for one bait, which would have been laughable a few years ago for me, and it's paying off. I can't wait to see some of the things you come out with in the future. I was getting bit like crazy when I threw Josh's 6" FS SS Perch Trout. Before then, I had been telling him how I don't like baits with too many joints. I didn't actually land one, but I had six fish on separate occasions, with only one being under 4 pounds chase it down and LIGHT IT THE F*** UP! I think they were actually so mad at the bait they were missing the hooks! I like subsurface baits a lot, topwater is AWESOME, but I've never really targeted monster fish with a topwater, so I'm trying to learn it now. I can tell you one thing though, that 6" SS FS Perch Trout would do some serious damage around here with the big fish. The pond I caught the Wake Jr. fish at is clear with a lot of algae, and shallow. The big fish hang around a couple of rockpiles in the middle of the day, and I've figured out when they feed on the bait around them.

Serious toad-sticking would be done with that little trout dude.

Like a true swimbaiter we are always thinking............. If I only had this bait or that bait!!! :lol: Ask me how I know??? I've seen quite a few of your fish post's and it seem you have a nice arsenal of swimbaits!!! Just take a minute and look at all your baits. I think it will spark a thought of what might work for you at the monment! 8-) Try not to clutter yourself with a lot of baits. Keep it simple my man. Then look to expand to new baits!

Heck yeah dude! When I first started out, I bought a couple Hudds and a couple Mattlures Gills. I quickly learned which of the two was meant to catch fish... I kept it really simple for a while, and stuck some big fish on the Hudd. Then Josh and I met and he gave me a 6.5" Rising Son. I learned how to use that bait to it's fullest potential, then bought a couple for myself. I have stuck two big fish on the RS, and a ton (literally 20+) fish between 3-5 pounds in that time frame. So at that point I have two proven baits, and I've proven to myself that they work. Then I got a Slammer, then another one, used those for a while. I don't even like the 9" one, it's two small and isn't loud enough for my taste. The 12" has got some nice ones for me. Then the Wake Jr., BAA, Wake, etc. The BAA and Wake aren't mine though, I'm borrowing them. The Jr. is a work in progress for me, I can make it do this full body walk that is so loud it sounds like a fish is hitting it.... and that clack! Good God! I'm actually about to go out and try slowing it down to barely even twitching it, so there's just ripples around the water. Hopefully I can stick a toad.

I think by not having a ton of different baits and limiting myself to the good ones, it's made my learning curve a whole bunch shorter than other peoples. Now I'm at the point where I'll be on the water and say "I know they would hit a Mission Fish right now", etc. The Mission Fish and a smaller 6" FS SS are the two baits I really need to save my pennies for now.

Thanks for making such good baits, and not wasting OUR time with pretty ones that don't freaking swim. Every time I throw a Rising Son, I'm waiting for that THUMP.