Swimbait PB on glide in Massachusetts

Bass the east

Let me paint the picture.. so I’ve been an avid fisherman since I was 5 years old but got into throwing swimbaits last year. Previous pb of 6.9lbs on my trusty black and blue jig. It was hard to make the transition knowing nothing about it (was not on any forums and didn’t do my research) just started with the fun. Got many 4s in my first year but also lost many big fish due to wrong gear and cheap hooks mainly. This year I’m finally getting dialed in and feeling confident. Took a trip to my buddy’s lake house with my boat and a few friends on a 95 degree summer day, one of which was his first time throwing a swimbait. Throwing my most productive bait (Gan Craft 178 in perch). 30 minutes into gliding around and my friend screams “holy sh*t” we look down and there is no lie a 7+lb Massachusetts bass following his bait! It slowly turned and swam away. We were in shock. We tried casting at it but it was already spooked. We kept working the same cove and I found “the pack” hanging out under a shady overhanging tree. A legit pack of 5+lb bass (maybe 4 or 5) and they were interested in my bait. I kept casting and working my bait. I must have made 10 casts at this pack and finally one comes out and sucked it in 10 feet from the boat. It went 5lbs 12oz on the scale. Was officially my first bass over 5 on a swimbait (many so close to 5) and that lure stayed tied up all year for a few more 5lbers. Man these things are fun!

6B8819F8-D9C6-44E1-B4CB-4C6F3FCED68D.jpeg

D273CD32-04CC-4DCB-906E-3CE70580FB14.jpeg

E9323663-55A5-4F33-9D05-DE6AA45F270B.jpeg

1D350EB7-9A1D-4379-B7C1-FBE6AB4710A1.jpeg

2 hours ago, mike h said:

Fine fish. Nice bait. Worth the trouble ain’t it?  Special way to fish. I’m always trying to explain it to others. 

Go big or go home..

A definetly worth it. Even a few of my die hard traditional friends have come out with me and ended up saying “where can I get a setup like that” at the end of the day