Northern Largie on the 8" Hudd

Rice509

Finally felt the tick of an 8" Hudd bite a couple weeks back. I owe it to a swimbaiter up here, JWhite, for showing me how he approaches swimbait fishing. I had bites before but I think I've missed several fish due to ignorance/not understanding how they eat the bait. All in all, I know the Hudd is the best cold water soft swimbait and I've purchased many more, but if you have other baits that excel for the northern strain for [any time of the year] I'd love to hear suggestions!

DRHudd.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, mcclovinfishing said:

If tuned right, the i-slide 185 and 262 can be just like a jerkbait. Perfect for cold water and my go to when I fish northern PA. 

I agree. How do you tune em? I have tried gluing down golf tape which always seems to be torn up by the hook tips. 

5 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

I agree. How do you tune em? I have tried gluing down golf tape which always seems to be torn up by the hook tips. 

Size 1 owner ST-36BC in the front and back. Size 4 Hyper wire split ring in the front and back, and a size 3 egg decoy snap for the line tie. It also depends on water temp but this will suspend or ultra slow rise with mono. Fluorocarbon might get it to sink, or adding an extra split ring in the front.