Calcutta 400B versus TE 400

Jfish

I've been using shimanos for years and consider my 400's absolute workhorses. How would you guys that own TE's compare it to the good ole 400. I've heard lots of good and a few negatives about the TE's...one is that they don't cast quite as well...lets hear the truth...

I havent fished a 400b in a long time so its hard to compare but spending the money on a TE is def worth it. I've never regreted spending the money on the 300/400 TE and the platnium service that comes from Shimano on them is excellent. If im not mistaken they turn the reel around in 3 days max for the TE's.

The gearing makes a huge difference on the te. The te also has less plastic, pretty much everything is metal and I'm not sure why they would cast any different. If anyone has insight as to casting differences I would like to know but when I compare the te to the 400b all I can say is the te just feels better, more high quality, smoother, more solid.

...when I compare the te to the 400b all I can say is the te just feels better, more high quality, smoother, more solid.

Having both, I agree. I don't think the TE isn't quite as large either. (though I think it may be slightly heavier) It may have the same diameter but I think it is just a tad narrower. The 400B is a great reel but if you can get your hands on /afford a TE I would suggest you go that route.