Hardgill still coming through

Amistoad

It’s been a couple of weeks since I was out last. The weather has been weird. Probably because of the deadly combination of global warming and alien intervention. Or not. I hit my local lake to throw some big baits, but couldn’t get anybody to stick to the hooks. There was also a tournament with boats zipping all over the place in a hurry to not catch any fish. Still, I was able to land this little 17” fish on the hardgill. Prespawn should start in about a month so I’m hoping the big girls start showing up more regularly. 

12D3205F-C49B-4DF8-8DD3-E193E0A54C5D.jpeg

570D7B40-7DD1-4FD6-B4AF-DFF74299A092.jpeg

6 hours ago, Amistoad said:

Prespawn should start in about a month so I’m hoping the big girls start showing up more regularly. 

:cry:

You're making me cry. Pre-spawn?  In a month?

In a month I'm going to need an auger extension to get to the bass, and I've yet to get one to commit to a swimbait through the ice. Waaaaaaah!

6 hours ago, FishDr said:

:cry:

You're making me cry. Pre-spawn?  In a month?

In a month I'm going to need an auger extension to get to the bass, and I've yet to get one to commit to a swimbait through the ice. Waaaaaaah!

On the lakes I fish most often, “spring” is January through March. Even after living here for 12+ years, that still takes some getting used to. 

15 minutes ago, bigpoppabass said:

I would have gone home if there was a torney on the water. Or maybe stayed for weigh in. Good job sticking it out. 

The lakes down here get pounded HARD. Tournaments are pretty common so you learn to deal with it. Fortunately, NOBODY throws swimbaits and almost every angler I see roars up to the shoreline, throws a spinnerbait or senko at the shallow water, bangs a couple of 14” bass, and roars on out of there. I’m patient and stalk the deeper structure and key spots that the tourney guys don’t even register.