DRT Klash Ghost

SU News

• SU News

After numerous prototypes and lots of R&D, Division Rebel Tackles is gearing up to drop their next highly anticipated bait.  The Klash Ghost is a 3 piece jointed swimbait that features their famous interchangeable lip & tail system.  The lure weighs in at 8.8 ounces, measuring 12 inches with the variable tail and 14 inches with the V tail.  It is up to the angler how they choose to fish this lure and can switch up techniques on the go to trigger violent strikes.  The bait is rumored to hit US markets towards the end of the 2019 winter. 

DRT recently published a montage on their Youtube channel featuring 14 minutes of Cast 2 Catch footage. 

As you can see in their Instagram post below, Tomoya Shirakawa (Division Rebel Tackles Founder) has went through quite a few baits perfecting it before he was satisfied enough to release it to the public.  You may recognize some of the color schemes from DRT's previous baits. 

IMG_1681.jpg

Their most recent blog post highlights the specs of the Ghost.  There are two line ties on the bait: on top and below the nose.  The hook hangers are on a swivel system which allows the trebles to rotate 360 degree and help the hooks from being thrown after sticking into your target.  They also show the flexibility of each of the joints.  The front joint angle is wide while the back is tighter.  This makes it possible to swing the head side to side in shorter distances.  

IMG_3424.jpg

As release approaches, the hype continues to grow on this Japanese made big bait.  DRT's Klash line continuously produces big bites and this bait is no exception.  Here at Swimbait Underground, we are excited to see what damage this bait can do stateside.  Keep up with release information and updates by checking in on the drtheadz & drt_usa Instagram pages. 

IMG_1683.jpg

Tomoya Shirakawa (Division Rebel Tackles Founder) showcasing a Biwa largie who was fooled by a Klash Ghost Prototype.

View full record

Ok.  So I have seen sooooo much hype about this bait and really don’t understand. I’m so tired of all these hyped up baits that don’t preform.  Yes, the current klashes have there spot but how much of a “game changer” can the ghost be?? Is the hype real?  Would that same ff not just eat a hudd or 250 if you put that bait in front of that same fish??

NOT HATING!!  Just want to know yalls opinion

thanks!

Just now, teddywfish said:

Ok.  So I have seen sooooo much hype about this bait and really don’t understand. I’m so tired of all these hyped up baits that don’t preform.  Yes, the current klashes have there spot but how much of a “game changer” can the ghost be?? Is the hype real?  Would that same ff not just eat a hudd or 250 if you put that bait in front of that same fish??

thanks!

you could probably ask yourself that question for every fish caught on a big swimbait. 

Not every swimbait is for every fisherman. There are some that perform better in one condition vs the other, but that's why there's such a variety to choose from. Hype is a relative term i think. There are some baits that are immediately posted for a high price without ever showing a fish caught on it. I would say from watching the videos in the SU News post that the bait catches bass no doubt - just have to put in the time with it. 

Gotta pay to play in some instances, if you get the bait and don't like it, i'm sure another member will take it off your hands

5 minutes ago, northeast_trev said:

you could probably ask yourself that question for every fish caught on a big swimbait. 

Not every swimbait is for every fisherman. There are some that perform better in one condition vs the other, but that's why there's such a variety to choose from. Hype is a relative term i think. There are some baits that are immediately posted for a high price without ever showing a fish caught on it. I would say from watching the videos in the SU News post that the bait catches bass no doubt - just have to put in the time with it. 

Gotta pay to play in some instances, if you get the bait and don't like it, i'm sure another member will take it off your hands

Like I said I’m not hating lol. Just asking. Very good points. But don’t you just have to put time in with every bait to get results?  Thx bro!!

9 minutes ago, northeast_trev said:

Not every swimbait is for every fisherman. 

This was the first thing that came to my mind as well when I read your post Teddy.  I've used baits that other people have done very well with and I couldn't get bit.  With that being said, I love fishing the TiK & K9 so I will def be giving this bait a shot if I can get my hands on one.

As for your question, who knows if that same fish would eat a hudd or a 250.  All I know is the ghost looks like fun and I bet the bites you get would be rewarding.

1 minute ago, zsneezes said:

This was the first thing that came to my mind as well when I read your post Teddy.  I've used baits that other people have done very well with and I couldn't get bit.  With that being said, I love fishing the TiK & K9 so I will def be giving this bait a shot if I can get my hands on one.

As for your question, who knows if that same fish would eat a hudd or a 250.  All I know is the ghost looks like fun and I bet the bites you get would be rewarding.

100% agree with everything you stated. 

All I know is with crankdowns being as popular as they are the timing is definitely right, Personally I rarely buy a swimbait unless I’ve actually seen a lot of talk of people really doing well on it or if something I know is selling good and I can get my money back if I don’t like it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, teddywfish said:

thanks!

As I read this currently i'm like this bait done 100% made a mark lol!!! you was extra wrong its a super game changer.