hph

grumbler

Bought one and cast it off on the first couple throws without getting a feel for the glide.  So bought another and well...its not my style.  Bait kinda wobbles as its gliding, hard to explain.  Just didnt have the smooth glide like the deps.  But this is just my opinion.

36 minutes ago, emjay said:

Bought one and cast it off on the first couple throws without getting a feel for the glide.  So bought another and well...its not my style.  Bait kinda wobbles as its gliding, hard to explain.  Just didnt have the smooth glide like the deps.  But this is just my opinion.

Different baits dude. Can't compare it to a deps 

2 hours ago, emjay said:

Ill take it :)

I'll share some of my HPH catches...caught 50-60 fish (a lot of dinks) but these were just few  memorable ones where they just completely clobbered the bait.  There are 3 pictures of me fighting the fish, the fish spat the bait a foot  from  the net, and I caught the fish with the net on her way down.   You can clearly see the bait flying from the fish's mouth as the fish thrashed in mid-air.  There is one other crazy story I have with an HPH: I threw the bait towards a bluff wall and saw a fish torpedoed away from the bluff wall to chase the bait.  Unfortunately, I saw the fish too late and had already lifted the bait out of the water.  The fish stopped underneath the bait and was just staring at it for a few seconds.  I was puzzled that the fish did not dart back to its lair.  So I dipped the bait back in the water, and as soon as the bait touched the water, the fish hammered the bait HARRRRDDDD.  That fish is shown in the picture with me wearing a PFD, t-shirt, and swimming trunks.  I was on the kayak with an Okuma SBX rod.  I wish I had started recording my fishing outing then because it was unreal. 

Fishing with Randy_Velarde-9482.jpg

Fishing with Randy_Velarde-9491.jpg

G0051212_1509929858823_high.jpg

G0061229_1510447611422_high.jpg

GOPR1179_1506800846541_high.jpg

IMG_20170917_071134872~2.jpg

IMG_20171028_082320817.jpg

IMG_20180922_064945539_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20180929_084339437~2.jpg

Fishing with Randy_Velarde-9476.jpg