7.25 on Ufo shad glide

Joshlix

Like all of us in Arizona, I have been putting in a ton of work without seeing much success. I Was out last Saturday and didn’t see a thing. When I was loading up the boat I saw a younger guy throwing a battle shad from shore. I gave him props on the way to get my truck then he came down to talk swimbaits while I loaded up. While talking to my new buddy Jared I asked if he has any citizens, he said no, so I grabbed one of my muted gills and gave it to him. I might have a different view on these types of situations but I believe that we are all in this big bait game together. We all deserve each others support and recognition. If you have the opportunity to give a kid a bait, do it. I know it made his day and I defiantly felt good about it...

I took a couple days off to hang with the wife then back to the lake on Tuesday. Tuesday was a crazy day. I saw a small group of stripper, threw out my brand new 250, and got a 2-3 lb to the boat. Reach down for my net and POP! Bent out the back hook and split ring. I quickly changed out the hardware and got back to work. Later on I had a good follow on the 250 but could tell that she was a little hesitant. I gave her a couple hours, went back and got the same reaction from her. She wanted to eat but was just a little unsure about the 250 for some reason. So I left the lake with the same feeling of disappointment, frustration, angry that I’m not smarter than a fish, you know the feeling. 

Now to the good stuff. Wednesday morning. I’m supposed to be meeting a friend of mine at the lake. He flaked. So I sit thinking about my plan of attack. I decided I would down size from the 250. First I would try the Ufo glide, if that didn’t work maybe a tk would get her to commit.  I made my way back up to where I saw the big girl the day before but I waited. I approched her spot in a different way. Trying my best to not use the trolling motor to get my boat into position. Everything worked out perfectly. Boat coasted right to where I wanted to be. My cast was in the exact spot I wanted to be. I let the glide sink for about 15 seconds then started in. The @ufobaitco glide has a pretty tight side to side action and I worked it pretty fast. As soon as I could see a small flash from the bait I got hammered. And just like that my new pb. A beautiful 7 pound 4 ounce bug eyed Betty was in the boat. 

Now im not telling everybody to be the St. Mary’s of baits. I’m not trying to preach about what goes around comes around. I believe a positive mental attitude is the most important part of fishing.  And I know I was in a better mood after giving away a bait that many people like to flip. I hate bait flippers. I love swimbait fishing. And I have respect for anybody that puts the time into trying to catch a swimbait fish.

-Josh Lix

Sorry for the long post

1BF65169-29C4-43AA-B93D-87D838A3373F.jpeg

A86F19AB-D6AF-4527-95F5-1B605CB727D4.jpeg

24 minutes ago, MartinG said:

Great fish and great post and awesome way to set an example for the future! I’m participating in the UFO games aswell and  you set the bar pretty high, got me pump to put in some work! 

Thanks man. I’m sure I’ll get beat out of that top spot. April 30th is a long way away and there is a lot of talented guys with ufo baits. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see most of the people on here are good people 1st and fisherman 2nd! I see many families out fishing some of the urban lakes when Im with my kids fishing. Some people out there have no idea what they are doing and If i see them struggling on days my kids are catching, i offer up weights, bobbers, rigging help, and to see other people catching fish too is a good feeling. My kids sometimes look at me crazy, but in the end its supposed to be Fun!!

Awesome catch and nice bait!!