Daiwa DX SBT Rods

surfk9

SU I'm looking at the Daiwa DX SBT rods...specifically the 1-6 oz lure weight which is med-hvy fast taper...anyone have any experience or knowledge of these rods??? thanks...michel...Go Fish!!!

1 hour ago, surfk9 said:

SU I'm looking at the Daiwa DX SBT rods...specifically the 1-6 oz lure weight which is med-hvy fast taper...anyone have any experience or knowledge of these rods??? thanks...michel...Go Fish!!!

I have that rod.  I love it.  Throw everything from 10xd's to swavers.  Even hudd 68.  Great all purpose rod for thr cost.

@surfk9 they are nice rods, I picked one up used from the black Market and cleaned up/fixed the cork handle. If you get one I would suggest sealing the cork handle prior to use. 

also look at the Daiwa Kage series, it’s the next step up, think they’re like $220, not sure why TW doesn’t have em yet but they are very nice factory rods. Seems like a lot of places don’t carry em yet. 

Buddy has a couple of each and hasn’t had any issues at all with em. 

I have 2 Daiwa DX rods XXH and XH and they're my absolute favorite rods. I've beaten the living crap out of them and they still work wonders for me. I don't think there's another swimbaitunderground rod for the price that can compare. I effing love these rods, going to get a 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Neill Hernandez said:

I have 2 Daiwa DX rods XXH and XH and they're my absolute favorite rods. I've beaten the living crap out of them and they still work wonders for me. I don't think there's another swimbaitunderground rod for the price that can compare. I effing love these rods, going to get a 3rd. 

I just noticed i said "another swimbaitundeground rod" i jut meant *another swimbait rod* lol

Thanks for the replies SU family ... I came across them by accident, was reading a review of dobyns fury 795  & it was mentioned as a comparable alternative... think I’m going with one ... have two other rods for bigger baits a Shimano Crucial & a Spiralite Defiant.. been looking for something for middle weights 3-6 ounces ... michel .... Go Fish!!!

@surfk9 mine is the extra heavy, rated 3-10, guys say it handles a deps 250 great, but wouldn’t push it more than that. 

If only tested it with baits seeing the ice finally left but it threw a hudd 68 to deps 250 no problem. Sweet spot seemed to be in the 4-5oz range but again limited time and just testing baits. 

Paired with a Lexa 300 Winn that I scored for $138, and it’s a super nice set up for the $$$ 

Just got one for Xmas only got to use it a couple of times before I went south for the winter first impression has been really good only time I’ve used it has been Muskie fishing and the heavy handled all the baits I threw on it perfectly baits were in the 3-5oz range, plus I caught my first ever Muskie on it so I’m already in love with it

On 3/26/2019 at 3:12 AM, chefchris said:

@surfk9  the Daiwa Kage series, it’s the next step up, think they’re like $220, not sure why TW doesn’t have em yet but they are very nice factory rods. Seems like a lot of places don’t carry em yet.

I read somewhere that the Kage series is only being sold at brick and mortar stores, no online retailers.

Is the Extra Heavy 3-10oz equivalent to Dobyns 867 and will it throw 250? i didn't want to spend the money on 867 since i rarely throw that heavy baits but for the 'Fury' price range, this could be my ticket! I love my Dobyns Champ 806SB which i throw majority of my baits on.  Thanks folks!

7 hours ago, boylah said:

Is the Extra Heavy 3-10oz equivalent to Dobyns 867 and will it throw 250? i didn't want to spend the money on 867 since i rarely throw that heavy baits but for the 'Fury' price range, this could be my ticket! I love my Dobyns Champ 806SB which i throw majority of my baits on.  Thanks folks!

yes handles the 250, I bought mine second hand and the guy I got it from used the rod as his 250 rod.