Digita Scale...What's Good?

mmasturgeon

Is this the Berkley scale you guys are talking about? I need to get a new one soon also.

This is the one I use now. I got it because of it's large reading for SU tourneys. Always have a back up and or extra batteries.

Works nice enough

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS...DONT BE A HARD HEAD LIKE ME AND FIND OUT THE HARD WAY WHY HE SAYS THIS!

Thanks Don and Marbles, I will pick one up.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the Berkley scale you guys are talking about? I need to get a new one soon also.

This is the one I use now. I got it because of it's large reading for SU tourneys. Always have a back up and or extra batteries.

Works nice enough

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS...DONT BE A HARD HEAD LIKE ME AND FIND OUT THE HARD WAY WHY HE SAYS THIS!

I love mine. It is quite accurate and easy to read and operate.

• 11 months later...

I know I am rekindling an old thread, the SU tourney starts next week and I would actually like to participate in this one. I obviously need a digi scale and I read through the old posts. Any new digi scales come out since last year? I was looking at TW and saw a few options, but don't really know too much about them. I would appreciate everyone's opinions, advice and .02! Thanks for looking!

I have an Xtools one. The best one i have owned but they don't make it any more. had mine for 2 years now i think. You might be able to find one on flea bay but not sure. they are awesome scales if you can find them. Have a buddy looking for one... with no luck.

Good Luck

Jeremy

I have had a Berkley boga grip digi scale for about 4 years now. Works great 4 me and easy to use. Turns off when not in use. Scale may be off by 3. OZ at times.. I weigh the fish 3 times. (Reviveing the fish in the water between each one) If the fish is worth weighing in the first place. Then take the mid weight of the 3. Just what I do! Sad thing/or maby good thing is, in 4 years I have only had to change the 9V twice.

I use two scales: a small rapala for when I'm on shore and the salter brecknell stays in the boat. I've been really happy with both and the Salter can be IGFA certified

I use that same rapala, solid scale.

I never had a problem with the berkley scale. As a matter of fact, I use the scale to check my luggages when I travel. :lol:

I use two scales: a small rapala for when I'm on shore and the salter brecknell stays in the boat. I've been really happy with both and the Salter can be IGFA certified

I use that same rapala, solid scale.

as do I. Thing has taken a beating through the years but still works. I also have an XTools, which is nice, but mine gets finicky sometimes.

I only break out the 60# Boga for big stripers or a decent muskie.

This is the one I'm using. I't in my videos. It has a good size reading and mine is spot on weight ;) I like the hold feature a lot. it holds when the fish is still ;)

LMAO!! I posted on this already :lol::lol:

• 6 months later...