single joint or multi joint for slammers

kscatman76

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

What he said minus the 12. 

Ohhh come on! I’ve had most of my best days on the 12”. Best nights on the 9”. Bunch of tourney wins and lunkers on the 12 tho. Biggest slammer fish on the 12. 30+ fish days on the 12. It’s a must have

8 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Ohhh come on! I’ve had most of my best days on the 12”. Best nights on the 9”. Bunch of tourney wins and lunkers on the 12 tho. Biggest slammer fish on the 12. 30+ fish days on the 12. It’s a must have

Haha. I consider it a bait I have never figured out. I do like the old phat  9 inch 2xes which are as wide as the 12s (actually they should be called xl, since they are never 12 inches).    I think my issue with the 12 is I probably I needed a different rod combo than I use to throw it with success. The phat 2xes I have are prom dancers with fav song on, and just swim easily. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

8 minutes ago, bigpoppabass said:

Haha. I consider it a bait I have never figured out. I do like the old phat  9 inch 2xes which are as wide as the 12s (actually they should be called xl, since they are never 12 inches).    I think my issue with the 12 is I probably I needed a different rod combo than I use to throw it with success. The phat 2xes I have are prom dancers with fav song on, and just swim easily. 

It’s funny you say that. Technically there’s no such thing as a 7”, 9”, or 12” slammer. It’s small, medium and large. People just started calling the large a 12” but really there are none that are a full 12”. Most are 10.5-11”. That’s why the 13” super slammer looks like a 4x4 compared to the large