Any float tube fishermen ?

Stephenk

I own a Ranger mutli species boat but still fish out of a float tube on a regular basis. It allows me to fish waters I can't launch my normal rig into. I enjoy it and catch some nice fish out of the float tube. I run a Outcast Prowler for lakes without much of a hike in and an Outcast Trinity for lakes that require a longer hike to reach them from paved roads.  On smaller waters the tube offers a stealth approach with total hands free control. A quality set of fins also makes a world of difference. I run a pair of force fin float tube fins which makes moving and maneuvering a larger tube easy.

4 hours ago, BrierBob said:

Me and I hate it but better then nothing. Kills my back and can't see what my baits doing.  The worst is having to piss. 

I had the same problem until I got a different tube the caddie I got now take all that way. 

Had a pontoon and a float tube. Hated em both. If i couldve night fished more or there was just no wind it wouldve been great. But man i hated kicking constantly to stay in position. No way i was going to drag up an anchor all the time either.

I float tubed for a very long time. And caught some of my nicest fish doing so. Several 8s with a 9.4 Northern largemouth out of my tube. I would start tubing around late Feb up in Eastern Washington when the water would be barely above freezing . Wasnt to bad til it was time to quit and the thawing process started.I dont have many pics on the laptop but there is one of a very pretty Norther.  And if anyone is interested in a full float tube kit ready to fish let me know. I have a almost new tube with waders and force fin fins which you all know is the best. Just getting to be to much for me to keep tubing. Finally got a small boat for ponds and lakes. Just text for pics or more info. 5099873511

20170827_142732_001_01.jpg

2009-08-19_0017.jpg

I fish on a Classic Accesories Colorado kick boat. I own a Skeeter 20i and still use my pontoon a ton.... I love throwing swimbaits when I’m on it because if I don’t catch a fish I’m not disappointed because it didn’t cost me $100 in gas for a trip....

C714321B-D943-479C-BC6E-F26DF6556EDC.jpeg

I fish out of a tube pretty regularly. I have caught some nice fish from it throwing big baits and obviously its nice to be able to get to areas that don't allow gas motors so you don't have to deal with wakes and super pressured water. But mentioned above, getting out to take a leak SUCKS and F the wind :grin:

They do make a fin that flips up toward your shin and stays that way until released for use that makes it easier to walk, but the best fins for propulsion and control (force fins) still suck to walk in and out of the water!

On 7/3/2019 at 4:09 AM, bigpoppabass said:

Great topic.  There is no better way to river drift fish.  I have a tube but haven't used it in 20 years. Have they made better fins yet? Getting in and out of water was a safety issue for me. The fins made me feel like a loon haha. 

I just walk backwards and once I get out I take them off. Only about 5-10 steps isn’t too bad.