tiny klash and klash 9

Jake_M_Fishing

It's really just supply and demand, they are hard to find if you're not sitting on the black market everyday. They're good baits in my opinion that have proven themselves. I bought a Tiny Klash for over retail price but that was the only way I could get my hands on one. Overall, worth the money in my opinion, I caught some fish on mine nothing huge but still catches fish. It is also probably the single most versatile swimbait I've ever owned and fished.

8 minutes ago, lmv_bassfishing said:

It's really just supply and demand, they are hard to find if you're not sitting on the black market everyday. They're good baits in my opinion that have proven themselves. I bought a Tiny Klash for over retail price but that was the only way I could get my hands on one. Overall, worth the money in my opinion, I caught some fish on mine nothing huge but still catches fish. It is also probably the single most versatile swimbait I've ever owned and fished.

how much did you pay for it?

51 minutes ago, Jake_M_Fishing said:

is it really worth it to pay 175+ dollars for a bait that retails for half the price? just want know to incase if I find one for a good deal. 

My honest opinion Jake, if your questioning it man, it’s not, just wait. Wait for retail, which might be a little more than before, and use the rest for another fishing “emergency” haha. The want will never end!

The answer is no. Bass are opportunistic feeders. I refuse to believe that a bass would only eat a Klash but not another similar bait. Bass's brains are the size of a pea lol. Small swim differences rarely make a huge difference. Just stick with readily available baits.

38 minutes ago, Willluvstafish said:

The answer is no. Bass are opportunistic feeders. I refuse to believe that a bass would only eat a Klash but not another similar bait. Bass's brains are the size of a pea lol. Small swim differences rarely make a huge difference. Just stick with readily available baits.

For sure. Don’t worry too much about all of the hype baits. Pick a bait you have confidence in and stick with it.

Seriously every year there is an over hyped bait. When I got in the game Nezumma Rats were running over $200 on the secondary market. Fish what you got and what's available there are some dang good baits out there that will do the same job. There is no magic bait to make them bite. Time on the water, finding the fish and putting the bait in front of them over and over again. Sooner or later you will be rewarded.

Those Klash are good looking baits but I can show you a box full that at the time they were the latest and greatest toad catchingest baits that you can get. I won't lie I will try and pick one up at sometime to fish with, but not paying past retail for it. Wait a year or so and they will be second shelf.

Edited by wtrwsel

2 hours ago, Jake_M_Fishing said:

is it really worth it to pay 175+ dollars for a bait that retails for half the price? 

That depends on the buyer!

Have you fished the bait before? If you have then it is up to you to determine the value of said bait. 

If you have not fished the bait before I'd recommend spending as little as possible for one. Or even buy used. $175 to me is pretty steep for either one of the K9/TK.

They can be found much cheaper than that, keep an eye on the listings. They do pop up. 

The baits are amazing, they do catch fish, they are well made. If your asking about the price point of a bait, might be a good idea to sit back and read/research other baits before you splurge!! 

Goodluck!

The Klash baits catch fish and are very easy to fish right out the box, no learning the bait time, cast and reel.

The finish on the baits suck so if you fish them for a couple of hours the rash is very bad.

Like others have said there is no magic bait, a bait is only as good as the person fishing it.

Lets go back to its not the bait its the fisherman.

Look at how many said hype baits are sold, and then look at how many big bass are caught over 8 pounds. Not every person that got a said bait catches a big fish. So if they are magical baits this would not be true everyone would be catching big fish.

You would have to compare the big companies to each other amd then the garage bait to each other.

So I would guess it is 1 to 2 percent tops of big fish caught to baits sold. There are alot of companies and people that know how to create hype on social media and posting videos of catching 2 pound fish and every seems to be amazed.  Which is all good because the main purpose is the bait to catch fish but again it is not magic and you are not the fisherman catching the fish.

As I mentioned before, the time experience is time on the water and you learning for yourself. Pay attention to every detail when a fish is caught and always apply that, not some guy on Facebook using bait A and catching a fish.

You will need to built confidence in baits that work for you and your waters. That doesn't mean if you like bait A the fish won't hit bait B. I personally think it is more the moon, weather, time, water temp, wind, boat position, and presentation then bait brand.

Trust me, I have or had almost every swimbait made and to be honest a good swimbaiter should be able to catch a fish on any swimbait that cost from $6 to $600.

Back to the OP question. A bait is only worth what someone wants to pay for it. So if you have to have it buy it. We all are saying to wait but again I have and will pay way other retail for a bait that I want. I have been doing better at this...lol. $175 for a Klash 9 that retails for $105 is not that bad if needed.

Something else to keep in mind is only buy baits that you can afford to. Meaning if you bought 5 baits and casted them all off one weekend, your wife, kids, dog, cat, car, truck, or someone funeral will not suffer.

Best,

Brian

Edited by bassbass

30 minutes ago, bassbass said:

if you bought 5 baits and casted them all off one weekend, your wife, kids, dog, cat, car, truck, or someone funeral will not suffer

Brian has always said this and personally I believe this is one of the best pieces of advice found anywhere on this forum. It’s very often in the black market you see someone saying “rent  is due gotta sell a few baits”  “I got in a car accident, need funds for repair” etc. I understand things happen as they do to all of us. But it is important to be smart and think ahead. We have to remind ourself buying/fishing baits is a hobby not a job (for 99.999% of us).

For me, the reason a tk is such a great bait is that I can do something with it you can do with very few other baits. And that is that it can be used as a very effective jerkbait. It has the right profile and can be used with a small lip to act exactly as a JB. And times of the year in the north, there is no more effective bait to use. It would be nothing to go out and catch 20-30 smallmouth a day on a tk. Aside from that, if you’re just looking for a bait to crank, there are other options out there that are just as effective.