UFO juvi wake

AtxUrbanBass

5 hours ago, captainhookset said:

@tblando @bchalk22 @basskickinrednick @SumoNinja @Oli.Nado @iFishLA @Arkansasfish6 @swimbaitunderground

Figured I'd tag most of the people in this thread.  I sent him $210 last Tuesday August 13th, haven't heard from him since.  Wish I saw everyones responses on the threads (clearly he stole the image from BaddJooJoo's IG) before I sent the money, but I was so pumped that I was the "high bidder".  Sent that $ faster than the speed of light LOL.

Since then I have emailed him, send him numerous PM's, texted him, called him....nothing.  Conveniently he hasn't logged back into SU since then. 

I keep hoping he will resurface, and maybe he just is going through a life event - but that is getting more and more unlikely.

If anyone has ever dealt with getting scammed on here before, I'd appreciate your advice.  No need to say "don't use F&F" - lesson learned.  Its my fault.

Matt

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately POS like this make their way to this forum ever so often. His day will come. He’ll cross the wrong one and get his. Hope your bank can help you out. PayPal should as well as long as you have everything in writing— including his for sale offer on this post. PayPal makes a lot of money off us consumers— they don’t want to lose our business. Good luck. 

Hope all works out for you man. That really sucks. People like this need to leave SU forum. It's ridiculous that people will rip you off for a swimbait or for a couple hundred dollars... Good luck and hope you get it all figured out.

If you paid friends and family PayPal will do nothing, if you paid as goods you have the PayPal protection.

This site is changing and people are changing so be careful and always pay by goods.

SU should made that a rule, no more friend or add fees. This is the price and everyone pays as goods.

Good luck on this....

Brian

4 hours ago, bassbass said:

If you paid friends and family PayPal will do nothing, if you paid as goods you have the PayPal protection.

This site is changing and people are changing so be careful and always pay by goods.

SU should made that a rule, no more friend or add fees. This is the price and everyone pays as goods.

Good luck on this....

Brian

Or make it mandatory that all sales have goods and services included in the price. That way the buyer pays the asking price and there's no confusion trying to do math with the 4% and what not.

OR  just have some god damn respect, and realize that trust goes a long way in life. Karma is a b*tch, and bad sh*t will always come back and bite you in the ass.  

Edited by pickle

There is always shady ass people out there, I was also pondering the idea to send to SU to have a minimum amount of posts or rep (50) before you can post an ad in the black market.

this is how many of the automotive forums are set up, it keeps the riff raff out because you have to actually be involved for a period of time before you try to scam someone.

most scammers won’t put that amount of effort in, which in turn keeps the SU community protected to an even further level.

to the guy who got scammed, I would find out the dudes insta or social media and blow it up with comments calling him out until he made it right. Good luck man!

It’s a shame that this continues to happen. I agree just add the fees in your asking price and have folks pay goods and services. This should be a rule for consideration.  

Until then, when paying friends and family, if you choose, Is another $5 -$15 too much to invest to protect yourself when dealing with folks with Miminal posts and little time on the site?

Scammers will get theirs as many of us who have been around 5-10 plus years have seen. But that doesn’t negate the fact that this is a community and folks should be “men / women of their word”.

Anyway, hope things work out for the best and members be cautious of who you deal with and check feedback and reputation remarks. There are tons of folks here who Honor their word and will be bend over backwards for you on this site. 

Don't let a few @ssholes ruin your trust in the folks on SU and the Swimbait community  

Off my soapbox - go out and continue to grind and catch some bigs ones.