Do people even fish?

NikLaw1

I'm really surprised by the number of high dollar baits that have no hook rash on here. Hell, my 3 week old wade Hoggs has more wear than 90% of the stuff on the black market. 

Makes me wonder if baits are for using or just photo ops on Instagram. 

I'm after catching the biggest bass possible on any gear and swimbaits being one of them. Now that being said I also dont live in a state where the state record largemouth bass  is barely considered a DD. Sorry man and too anybody else who feels like they have to be macho enough to say they swimbait fish only to feel big about themselves. If you only like throwing swimbaits only -kudos to you. Your losing out and if your ok with that GREAT!!! Im after catching big ones and having fun doing it any how. And you know what - i also like just throwing a swimbait for kicks and to maybe even catch the state record here or their because in the southern waters we have massive bass that well exceed the 10,11,12 13,14 so on and so on mark of being said. I hardly fish anymore cause of the limited time I have now days. I have also just bought baits to try when i go and sometimes they dont make it to the water before the season rolls around and make there way to the black market as well. But i am blessed cause there is two lakes less than 10 min from where I live where DDs are truly massive in the upper teens (and I've caught some even) So to each there own on what they do with such said baits. And no I wont post hardly any catches on here cause it just floods the waters here with more wknd anglers.

2 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

It’s a lot easier to have rashed baits if you only own a small handful of them. When you have several hundred baits, it takes a lot of years and some killer fishing to beat them all up

Good point! 

Not sure the point of this post or motive? 

I have a lot of baits and to get them all rashed up would be damn near impossible. If you only own and fish a handful of baits it would not be difficult— like the OP I’m assuming. 

I collect certain baits— mainly negotiators. And I also always buy backups for baits I really like. Sometimes I decide those need to be sold on the black market. Or I buy a new bait I’ve never tried and don’t like the action or they just don’t get bit in my waters they will go on the black market. 

As for seeing baits with no hook rash on the black market— why would you want to sell a rashed up bait? It obviously gets a lot of time on the water— did you decide after hundreds of hours it wasn’t worth your time anymore...?!

One last thing...why do other people care if someone buys a bait to keep on a shelf or keep tied on? I can understand the frustration of guys buying for the sole purpose of flipping but that comes with any high demand item. 

Time on the water is worth more than getting swimbait advice from somebody trying to sell you a swimbait. With time you will figure out which lures work best for the places you fish.  Some here do like collecting swimbaits and that is great for them but I rather save that money for another out of state fishing trip.