Wood swimbaits/hard plastic swimbaits cons&pros?

Tenpoundtrout

Do you guys prefer wood over hard plastic swimbaits, or vise versa and why.

Personally i like wood baits, triple trouts ans slammers and the custom made stuff.

I like wood baits for specific things, like rats.

It's hard to beat the consistency and water resistance of a resin bait though

Triple trouts arent wood. Im a wood guy but only because I build my own. Water intrusion sucks. If you can get a good wood bait that wont turn to drift wood then I say they cant be beat, but for consistency, looks and action resin is the winner. I just like the action a good wood bait has over the resin. But... this BAA is pretty damn good! Feel like im sleeping wiht the enemy :lol::lol::lol:

Triple trouts arent wood. Im a wood guy but only because I build my own. Water intrusion sucks. If you can get a good wood bait that wont turn to drift wood then I say they cant be beat, but for consistency, looks and action resin is the winner. I just like the action a good wood bait has over the resin. But... this BAA is pretty damn good! Feel like im sleeping wiht the enemy :lol::lol::lol:

All this time I thought TRiple trouts were wood.

I ask only because I also make my own swimbaits and wanted some feed back on what you guys prefer, I guess it comes down to the action. Yeah wood is a pain to protect, I've spent weeks on some of my swimbaits getting them looking good only to have the clear crack or peel the first few hours, yet Ive made others and abused the hell out of them and the clear is still holding up.

the only wood bait ive consistently thrown was the slammer. i didnt like the feel of the wooden punker - so i quickly put that down.

other than the slammer, all of my baits are resin. getting all your baits to have the same consistency and rof - well thats a science with resin baits.

this is where a scale and some modification comes in handy... or a deep pocket.

when you find a perfect ROF - take note of the weight. send it to the bait maker so they can duplicate.