Halibut on the Swimbait

Stangtravel

Hey guys, 

New to forum, but I've been thinking about tossing some sort of Swimbait into light surf for some bigger halibut. Anyone have the luck on this or thoughts? I've had great success with the LC Flashminnow and Flashpointer, but looking to break my PB. 

1 minute ago, SDBayBassMan said:

Are you talking about throwing 3-5" Plastic swimbaits in the surf (MC, Big Hammer, etc..) or bigger like 6"+ deps, bbz, drt's etc..?  

I imagine he’s talking about bigger baits as throwing regular paddle tails for Hali is pretty standard. 

I saw a picture online somewhere of a dude that caught a nice sized Hali on a 250 up here in the bay. My buddy has caught some good ones on the smallest savage gear glide as well. I do pretty good on bay striper with the medium sized shine glide in chartreuse also. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, Sb slayer said:

Not my pics so can’t vouch for validity.

F53F4A1E-7247-4CD8-9EC1-CA582FD88BF4.jpeg

53E8A881-1BA0-4E0C-9252-FC7B69709EF9.jpeg

That halibut on the Deps 175 was me.  That fish was only about 20" and it slammed it on my third cast ever with that bait.  They definitely aren't afraid to hit bigger baits.  I know the response is late but catching one on a big swimbait is really rewarding.

• 3 weeks later...