New guy from NC

919basshunter

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Brandon. I am from Chicago burbs, and now live just outside Raleigh, NC. I fish primarily from a kayak. I have always gone a little against what is accepted as the “normal”, tournament based fishing advice and developed my own theories. I also like to go after the largest bass I can, with varying levels of success. Caught my PB of 8lb 10oz last year (pic below). 2019 has been the year of the frog, of which was 80% of my casts. I dont usually catch many fish, but I tend to catch the larger ones, which seems right in line with the big swimbait stuff. I had a couple larger baits that I never really gave a chance to but I have decided to dip my toes in a little further and give this swimbait thing a try. I recently put together a budget setup of a Cardiff 301 on an Okuma that I have yet to make a single cast with as I’ve been stuck down in SE Texas for work for a bit. 

Anyway, appears to be a ton of great info here and I look forward to hopefully sharing some success stories soon

Here’s my PB and a few frog fish from this year

8884C402-E8F1-4E0F-8417-26DCA812B249.jpeg

C7F30C8B-6EF6-47D5-BAC5-A7743398B16A.jpeg

0343F55F-6322-4854-A995-B0AEFCF2D3A2.jpeg

A4E1AA5C-C028-4383-AF74-22DD3A2F0D5A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

welcome to the page, enjoy the low dip and diesel prices and study shearon harris.  she has monsters that are just waiting to be figured out. especially prespawn, youll hear of guys poppin bags in the mid-high 40 lb rang

Oh I know. I’ve been around here for about 6 years now. Harris is hit or miss for me but I have some nice 6s and 7s from there. I actually might be headed there this afternoon to see what I can do

21 hours ago, Amistoad said:

Welcome. I lived in Western Springs for 3 years and Riverside for one. Now I’m in southeast Texas. Throw the big baits. Get some rats and bluegill baits. The Carolina fish won’t know what hit them. 

I was just down in Beaumont for work for a couple weeks. Unfortunately didn’t have  any fishing gear or any time to use it anyway