Braided line....

wilkin8977

I just wanted to let everyone know that TW has a buy one get one deal going on for Sunline fishing line. The Sunline FX2 braid is the nuts. I switched from Power Pro this year and I will never go back. The line color hold up much longer and feels a lot smoother than PP. Here is a good time to pick up a couple spools of quality braid at PP prices. 8-)

Hmm I wonder on these posts why no one ever says anything about Spiderwire Stealth. :roll: I guess since its cheap maybe guys dont like it? I do a ton of work with a frog and punch rig, along with chatterbaits and spinnerbaits in tournaments. Throw topwaters and wakebaits on it when needed and have never experienced any issues with this braid. Casts great lasts a long time. It turns white or whatever after your wear the color off you just sharpie that ish. I sharpie it as soon as I put it on. And as for strength... try pulling a 8lb+ fish out when shes buried up 15ft back in pennywart or hyacinth, I put the lean on em and screws to em and havent experienced any problems. they come on out. Sometimes I get the line digging in after I set/fight a fish out of heavy cover, but that happens with all the braid Ive used since Im allergic to any drag setting other than LOCKED. :lol: Fish-Styk seen it get the job done at Clear Lake, straightening stupid jig hooks. :lol: when it digs in just pull it out the next cast. I just cant see spending 3x as much on braid when this stuff gets the job done over and over and over again. To each there own I guess...

This.

Its the only Line I fish.

Its not anything like the old spiderwire, Stealth is similar to Power Pro Super Slick 8. Never had any issues, and the price is right. I won 1500 yards of 50lb in a raffle :lol:

im stuck between getting Power Pro or Spiderwire 65lb braid...Ive never used either but read that the Spiderwire breaks when you cast....any suggestions?

I have tried Spiderwire several times and always ended up throwing it away after one or two trips.

I just wanted to let everyone know that TW has a buy one get one deal going on for Sunline fishing line. The Sunline FX2 braid is the nuts. I switched from Power Pro this year and I will never go back. The line color hold up much longer and feels a lot smoother than PP. Here is a good time to pick up a couple spools of quality braid at PP prices. 8-)

Great info. I have fished them all and the FX2 has been awesome. I bought the line through the same promotion last year and fell in love.

-Ali

Braided lines are great until it gets buried or pinch in the spool. I do like Power Pro no less than 65lbs. Try Sunline FX2 hands down my Fav.

-Jun

X1

50lb and 60lb FX2 Camo green/blue is the best, most of the shop are running a buy 1 get 1 free deal so it's a good time to try it.

Ordered 50lb and asked for a free 60lb is what I did.

For the baits you're fishing, nothing more than 25 lb is needed.

Even 20 would be fine.

That will definitely get you close to the diameter.

Knot strength should be fine w/ 65lb braid and 20/25lb leader. Probably opt for 25.

I just want to add one thing regarding braid. Had some problem with 60lb braid with 20lb fluorocarbon snapping on hooksets. I assume a mono leader is preferred since it will stretch a little bit unlike fluorocarbon? I alwaystie bat directly to the bait now.

I've had my flouro leader break lose from my Power Pro(guess the knot slipped). The Power Pro becomes really slick when it's wet! I was wondering if I can just fish the baits listed above with straight braid and not even worry about the flouro?

Fish straight braid if you can.

If not, use the Crazy Alberto knot that several other people mentioned. Most line-to-line knots (double uni, blood, etc) are designed with the assumption that the line diameters will be similar. When you use a flouro or mono leader with braid, even heavy braid, it's often half the diameter or less than that of the leader. The Crazy Alberto knot was specifically designed to solve this issue. If you look at the design, it's like one of those 'Chinese finger traps' that tightens more as the tension increases.

To the guys who have used the FX2, can you shed some line toward the blue/green version of this line I assume its a transitional line judging by the pics I'm mostly wondering if the blue-green transitions are spread out and helps to break up the overall look of the line, or if its close and looks like an underwater strobe light ? :lol:

Would you guys recommend the blue/green or the dark green? I'm interested especially in the blue green if its colored right as maybe a more natural approach to braid fishing.

To the guys who have used the FX2, can you shed some line toward the blue/green version of this line I assume its a transitional line judging by the pics I'm mostly wondering if the blue-green transitions are spread out and helps to break up the overall look of the line, or if its close and looks like an underwater strobe light ? :lol:

Would you guys recommend the blue/green or the dark green? I'm interested especially in the blue green if its colored right as maybe a more natural approach to braid fishing.

The purpose of the blue green line is to be almost invisible for your clear water situations and top water applications. If you're going to be dragging baits through thick cover where line visibility doesn't have much of an impact then go with the green, but if you are fishing where line visibility does make a difference go with the blue green.

The purpose of the blue green line is to be almost invisible for your clear water situations and top water applications. If you're going to be dragging baits through thick cover where line visibility doesn't have much of an impact then go with the green, but if you are fishing where line visibility does make a difference go with the blue green.

Sweet thats exactly what i wanted to hear, thank you!