Slammer fish in Texas

Amistoad

After getting my 7” slammer from SU member cubneck a couple of days ago, I knew I had to give it a try. The local bass are still sort of in summer pattern since the weather is weird. It got up to 92 on the lake today. But morning clouds made it bearable as I launched and hit some of my better spots. Saw a couple of other boats with guys either throwing spinnerbaits or Carolina Rigs. As usual, I was the only sicko throwing big baits. But the slammer proved its worth. No trophies, but 4 solid 3-4.5 lbs fish tried to yank it from my line. Definitely going to see a lot more action this fall as the bigger ladies move shallow. 

80603F9C-055B-478B-86C9-65F5B3F9BC8E.jpeg

74BB321C-2334-43C8-9EB0-EDB02B7B1452.jpeg

22CE07CA-1BCC-49B0-8A33-7BD7082C9C42.jpeg

D54A98AB-70E5-4A7D-B976-D7A9CF853A51.jpeg

36AB988F-E00C-4650-B1C2-F2146894F94D.jpeg

The third one hit just as I was about to pull the slammer out of the water for another cast. It was only about 6’ from the boat. I think we were both pretty surprised. The fourth and final fish was hanging out in some timber and nailed it as it came around a stump. Water temperature was still 80 degrees, so when it starts cooling down, things should only keep getting better. 

• 4 weeks later...