Spiralite SQ real seat to small HELP

Stephenk

So I still haven’t had my rod replaced and they are saying it won’t be until 12/11 witch is going to be almost two months after ordering the rod in the first place . Should I just say F it and start shaving the real seat down and maybe end up with almost $200 in the toilet or wait ? I don’t really know if there just egging me on until I give up or what’s going on .

Edited by Stephenk

10 hours ago, Stephenk said:

So I still haven’t had my rod replaced and they are saying it won’t be until 12/11 witch is going to be almost two months after ordering the rod in the first place . Should I just say F it and start shaving the real seat down and maybe end up with almost $200 in the toilet or wait ? I don’t really know if there just egging me on until I give up or what’s going on .

Throw your money away if you want, nobody is going to stop you... or exercise some patience. Nothing moves quickly in this game, especially with smaller vendors. The sooner you realize that, the less frustration you will have. 

6 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

Throw your money away if you want, nobody is going to stop you... or exercise some patience. Nothing moves quickly in this game, especially with smaller vendors. The sooner you realize that, the less frustration you will have. 

It took the rod three days to get to me when I ordered it but it’s taken them 2 month to get me a new one and I have to drive to pick it up ? Thanks for your smug advise though . 

Pretty poor service if it was their design flaw and they won't even ship a replacement to you if you ask me...but who am I to judge. Doesn't hurt to wait if you're not in a rush though, and you can always look for someone to buy the replacement off of you so you can move forward and find another rod company to buy from.

50 minutes ago, Stephenk said:

It took the rod three days to get to me when I ordered it but it’s taken them 2 month to get me a new one and I have to drive to pick it up ? Thanks for your smug advise though . 

They probably don't have a rod with the updated reel seat built to even send to you right now. They do batches and drops just like bait makers do. 

3 hours ago, chevro1et said:

They probably don't have a rod with the updated reel seat built to even send to you right now. They do batches and drops just like bait makers do. 

That’s kinda of what they were saying but mine was a defect I believe ,Though they may need update I’m not sure , but I’ve spoken with others owning the same rod model and they had no problem with the reel seat fitting a tranX 300 and I couldn’t get a Abu silvermax, lews mb pro or, Cardiff 300 on the rod . Three different reel manufacturers none fit and two being 200 or smaller sized reels but like you said they pretty much are telling me they don’t have a rod that can fit those so I don’t know what to think . 

Edited by Stephenk

3 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Pretty poor service if it was their design flaw and they won't even ship a replacement to you if you ask me...but who am I to judge. Doesn't hurt to wait if you're not in a rush though, and you can always look for someone to buy the replacement off of you so you can move forward and find another rod company to buy from.

Yea man I was so exited to fish these rods haven’t seen any bad reviews but the more I look in to it the more I did out and I just wanted a product i liked and could personally get behind so I might just do that when I get the replacement thanks. 

2 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

Hate that someone else is having issues with them. They made good rods but customer service is terrible, wont see me buying from them anymore 

I really wanted to like them ha 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE : So last week I met with someone from the company and they have gone above and beyond to make this right for me . Unfortunately I still have a bad taste in my mouth for some individuals I’ve had to deal with and I do believe if I was directed to the person I’ve met with, this would have been resolved much smoother . So ultimately I’ve found there is good people in this company and I’m going to now be happily fishing there rods , I’m sure eventually the people who are not taking care of the customer with will be weeded out and I hope the company makes a turn for the better . Thanks for everyone who commented and gave me input good or bad . Thanks SU 

39 minutes ago, Stephenk said:

UPDATE : So last week I met with someone from the company and they have gone above and beyond to make this right for me . Unfortunately I still have a bad taste in my mouth for some individuals I’ve had to deal with and I do believe if I was directed to the person I’ve met with, this would have been resolved much smoother . So ultimately I’ve found there is good people in this company and I’m going to now be happily fishing there rods , I’m sure eventually the people who are not taking care of the customer with will be weeded out and I hope the company makes a turn for the better . Thanks for everyone who commented and gave me input good or bad . Thanks SU 

Good to hear, dude. 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Rogervang said:

Any update on this. I was just in the market for a light spiralite rod for lighter baits but after reading a lot of reviews I think I'm going to stick with dobyns. 

So if you did want to try out one of there rod just avoid the SQ series I believe there going to be discontinued anyways but the Maverick I have it’s a really nice rod man so I wouldnt count them out by any means,with that being said I have fished three different model Doybns fury rods and loved every one of em man dm me if you got any other questions g 

Edited by Stephenk