New member/ bait maker

TootsMalone

Hey everyone,

Been lurking around here for a while now and finally decided to join now that i have something to share with the community. Started making my own glide baits a few months ago and wanted to share some of my creations. 

First bait was an attempt at a baby bass glide bait. Carved out of poplar, i underestimated the buoyancy of the wood and didn't add nearly enough weight. she floats and doesn't glide with the typical slow retrieve but has a nice walking motion with some stop-n-go motion of the reel. 

IMG_9505.JPG

IMG_9511.JPG

IMG_9530.JPG

IMG_9539.JPG

IMG_9545.JPG

The second attempt at a glide bait had a lot more thought put into it. used poplar again and decided to go for a crappie profile. Got the ballast right and even tested the action before painting and finishing. Liked the action enough to try making a silicone mold and resin copies before committing to a paintjob. Really happy with how this one turned out although my clearcoat process could use some refining. Haven't caught anything with it yet but have gotten a few big bass to follow it to the bank. Let me know what you all think! Thank you to everyone who has inadvertently helped me though this!! :-D

IMG_9548.JPG

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9666.JPG

IMG_9674.JPG

IMG_9692.JPG

IMG_E9691.JPG

2 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

I like that crappie glide...very unique look. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man i appreciate it! 

21 minutes ago, Jstew75 said:

I think I need one sent my way to test ;)

I’ve got 3 more copies degassing now. One is going to a friend but your welcome to one of the other copies to test 8-)

42 minutes ago, TootsMalone said:

Thanks man i appreciate it! 

I’ve got 3 more copies degassing now. One is going to a friend but your welcome to one of the other copies to test 8-)

If love that man! I'll test it out and send it back or pass it to the next guy!

11 hours ago, Jstew75 said:

If love that man! I'll test it out and send it back or pass it to the next guy!

Sounds good to me, pm me an address and i’ll get one headed your way next week when i get a few more painted. 

11 minutes ago, DoomDiver said:

The crappie paint scheme is actually spot on! Looks really solid!

Thanks man i appreciate that! Took some planning to get it right. Cut my own stencil for the side markings and masking fluid for the head back and tail to get the reverse effect.