Finally a warm up in TX

Jtelarkin08

We finally have gotten some warm weather out here in TX!! I havent been fishing in the last month or two bc water temps have been in the low 40s and even upper 30s. Well we have had a few days in the 70s and the full moon is coming so i decided i had to go give it a try today..

Well i had a few min at lunch today at work so i walked over to my tank out in the pasture.. I set up my phone to film and first cast i stuck one on the 6 inch mission fish. I was trying to shake it off the log and the fish came all the way up and ate it off the top of it.. Pretty good footage.. I only fished for like 10 more min then had to go back to work..

th_3b3fa3b6.jpg

After work i decided to hit up a little neighborhood pond that has a few good fish in it. I took my freestyle bass on my new TE 300 and dobyns 806 with 25 pound big game.. Im really mad i didnt set up the camera. 3rd cast I was slow rolling it in and Whack!! I stuck a real good one.. I dont know if its a male or just really badly fed female but this fish was every bit of 23 inches long and only weighed 5.5-6 pounds. Im still pumped to catch it tho.. thats my second fish on my freestyle bass.. Im sure there will be many more to come tho. This is becoming one of my favorite baits.. f72741a1.jpg

Good job JT! Nice fish on the FS and that was some cool footage man. I use fishing from shore as an excuse not to take footage cause its too much trouble but now I have no excuse ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Me Too!

Nice fish JT, way to stick em' man. Sure we'll be seeing some Texas Toads here real soon!

Geoff