Is she still out there?

PatrickJ1990

When I look back it was really a miracle that we landed this fish. October 10, 2017 8:46 pm, high 60s air temp high low 60s water temp. Clear water, trout stocked one day prior. I was actually not even planning on fishing that night because I was on my way to school but got a call from some buddies to go trolling for rainbows. 
    A split second U-turn turned out to be the beat decision I could have made. We trolled around picking offa few decent rainbows until the sun went down. Now it was time to bass fish. I had gone to dicks the day before to but ANYTHING that was larger in profile, I had my mindset on the savage gear rat but all they had were these goofy Bats. What the hell right? I had this thing tied on my shimano/st.croix spinning setup(no clue how to use a baitcaster at this point) with a shitty knot that never should have held up. 
     Sitting cross legged from mid canoe I’m just whipping this thing hoping I dont get stuck in the trees. Then pow, a two pounder. I was amazed that this little fish hit my bait, threw her back a moment later I heard the quietest slurp followed by immense strength. I hear the drag screaming so I locked it down, my buddies yelling “is it big? Is it big?” I bring her head up to my buddy to lip “OMG IT IS BIG”   
    People live on this pond. It’s a Tuesday night and we are screaming bloody murder. 
Did I have a scale? No. Did I have a WCZ board? No. But what I did have was what still stands as my biggest fish. My pb. I’ve scaled and measured fish up to 6-6 at 23 inches long and they weren’t as big as this girl. so I guess I’ll never know. Are you still out there big girl? If you are I’ll bet you’re over 8 right now...

74FF86E0-0D91-4068-8A36-8E8F93787B5A.jpeg

1C7037F6-D8D0-4001-A298-A2A7DD4573BD.jpeg

24716641-34E0-447D-8692-244EC951AFEF.jpeg