Redesign?

Rogervang

36 minutes ago, azsouth said:

Never fails to amaze me how much we all abscess over details both critical and non-critical, I just spent 4 hours thinking of how to paint a pattern that I have painted hundreds of times but just a little different this time.

Awe man I've been there with the painting, trust me it wont be the last time for any of us. Haha 

looks really good man! Are you using a resin copy to make your new mold or just carving a whole new wooden master? My biggest fear about changing a mold is not being able to carve the same thing twice. Making the two sides of the face match is bad enough. 

2 hours ago, TootsMalone said:

looks really good man! Are you using a resin copy to make your new mold or just carving a whole new wooden master? My biggest fear about changing a mold is not being able to carve the same thing twice. Making the two sides of the face match is bad enough. 

Yes I'm reusing the resin mold as a master. It's the same as using wood from my experiance haha. Use a cut out paper template to draw in the gills so you'll have identical gill plate on both sides. Even then it's still a headache haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone that hasnt gone through the bait swap thread yet, go check it out. Theres a whole bunch of us home builder building our own baits and  swapping between one another. 

Heres a little update that I had going. I got the new design molded and painted up just one glide for the swap. It only took 4 tries for me to finally tell myself to stop washing off the paint. :grin: hopfually there'll be more to come in the near future. 

20200209_133042.jpg

20200222_101234.jpg

20200314_210723.jpg

I'm sure one of our SU Brothers can get you one...You know how SU works.

Ask and you shall receive brother!

My OG's are too close to my heart to actually sell but willing to loan if you want to fish and check the swim out...it's all good

Hallar