Hudd rigging material

J-Woody

I can post pics tomorrow. I need to tie a string around my finger to remeber tho! lol. Its a pretty easy rig. I just sharpie the hardware black. It wears off but you can always do it again. This being said, I usually rig mine with a split ring and belly treble. I like it to hang in the weeds a bit so I can RIP it out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I feel better knowing that I have several different options here and look forward to seeing that pic of the split ring, swivel, split ring, treble setup. That sounds easiest!

I threw this rig on my ROF 5 thats STE rigged for an example. Hooks on the big side, throwing in lower light in the spring I upsize the treble. But this will give a basic look. Nothing fancy but it works.

post-859-1425298695065_thumb.jpg

post-859-14252986950992_thumb.jpg

I bought the wrong size sleeves for my wire when I first tried the BB style, so I tried to use braid and almost had an episode trying to tie the leader short enough :shock: So I hit the abort button and did this :lol:

I bought the wrong size sleeves for my wire when I first tried the BB style, so I tried to use braid and almost had an episode trying to tie the leader short enough :shock: So I hit the abort button and did this :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Getting the length right with braid is a "Not Allowed"...dont think ive EVER done it in less than 4 attempts. :lol:

if you are having a hard time with braid you can double the line making a loop between your hook and line tie. Tie it just a little long (which usually happens anyway) and then spin the hook causing the line to twist around which shortens the line to the correct length you want and wraps the two parts of the loop around each other making one twisted line. Hope that make sense.

Well I feel better knowing that I have several different options here and look forward to seeing that pic of the split ring, swivel, split ring, treble setup. That sounds easiest!

I threw this rig on my ROF 5 thats STE rigged for an example. Hooks on the big side, throwing in lower light in the spring I upsize the treble. But this will give a basic look. Nothing fancy but it works.

[attachment=1]hudd.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]hudd2.JPG[/attachment]

That is a gill hooking machine :shock:

Well all I could scrounge up locally was the split ring/swivel combination to rig up my hudd and it worked out just fine but didn't catch anything on it like I was hoping :? but that was my first attempt at chunking that big sucker so I wasn't too disappointed because it was fun to chunk around anyways! Did have a couple of hits on it but I think they must have been smaller fish whacking at it, it was a thump then another one a couple seconds later like something was trying to attack it. I really appreciate everyones responses and ideas, I would have been lost without the suggestions! Did acquire a jon boat over the weekend so many more days on the water for me very very soon!

Thanks fellas,

Jason

Why does it have to be braid or steel? Why couldn't I use 40lbs flouro and place the hook just past the dorsal fin with a 68? Are there any line thru setup out there for yhe 6" baits?

Thats what i've done with the 6" before. Just some 30 pound flouro and the hook behind the dorsal fin. Its worked fine for me

Why does it have to be braid or steel? Why couldn't I use 40lbs flouro and place the hook just past the dorsal fin with a 68? Are there any line thru setup out there for yhe 6" baits?

Thats what i've done with the 6" before. Just some 30 pound flouro and the hook behind the dorsal fin. Its worked fine for me

Anyone have pix or put a extra hook by the dorsal fin on a 68? Just curious cause I've thought about it.