Got one in the rain...

marc626

O.k. some of you may frown on this one because it's the Cheepo route but I have been throwing an 8" Castaic Boot Tail in Trout and a Sebile Magic Swimmer 9" 228sk in Natural Shiner since Thanksgiving. I drove to my closest spot yesterday afternoon with light rain and temps in the mid 50's. I made a lap with the Castaic for nothing then nailed this one. The fish or at least one fish was actively on the surface chasing a trout near shore( v wakes). She crushed the swimmer after nipping at it on the cast before. The fish was hooked on the body as well so I popped the hook off.            Just over or dead at 5lbs. The lifeguards offered to help take to take more pics. but I figured the selfie way is the way to roll nowadays. Never give up. Swimbait fishin' ain't easy!

IMG_3461.thumb.JPG.2997c7405d9f4f72032bdd7298d5ff94.JPGIMG_3463.thumb.JPG.c70ab879e039cec5766da430c8d07e5f.JPG

I remember when those Magic Swimmers came out like 10-15 years ago, they wire fire!  Nice to see it still in your arsenal.

Nice slob man!!

jealous of you guys in warmer weather ugh only three more months to go...

merry christmas

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Solid fish!!!! Never SFD has fish like that, good to know....thanks for sharing the catch and video! Ever fish the “other” ponds near Irwindale? 
thanks Alex 

Never.... but they may be on the chew after the recent plants at the dam. It's usually tough though. This is my 1st there at or over 5lbs.....really tough spot to get big ones. Also check out my album for previous catches.

5 minutes ago, marc626 said:

Never.... but they may be on the chew after the recent plants at the dam. It's usually tough though. This is my 1st there at or over 5lbs.....really tough spot to get big ones. Also check out my album for previous catches.

That’s what I heard, hard to get big ones there. More power to you for making it happen !
Merry  Christmas!!

The magic swimmer was my first ever hard "swimbait" owned... made famous years ago by the Bassmaster pros and now you can get them dirt cheap online. They might not have the hype anymore, but the fish don't care and they still sure get bit. Nice catch!

Edit: The castaic boot tail trout was also my first soft swimbait...pretty cool how we still have both!

Edited by danthefisherman