small swimbait set up

Jstew75

good evening, 

i just picked up a Megabass orochi XX launcher for my smaller swimbaits (BGC shad, 6" bull shadd, G2 shell cracker) and crank baits my question is what line would you be comfortable using im thinking 15lb sunline assassin fluro. what would you run with this set up? 

18 minutes ago, Jstew75 said:

even for throwing deep diving cranks? 

I use fluorocarbon for deep cranking and drop shot leaders that's it. I used to use it for everything but now I use more mono and co poly.

Edited by Born 2 fish

27 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

I picked up 15# izorline for my new dobyns 795, trans 201 I'm gonna abuse next year. I got it for my rats and wakes 

Sounds like a solid combo. I’m also diving into the small setup world. Got a 794 and will be pairing it with a tatula 200 6.3 for the TK, cracker, and 6” and under baits. Been many years since I fished a 6 gear ratio but I’m thinking jerkbaiting a Tk and 6” freestyles. Most likely gonna fish em on 17# mono but will be trying 15# flouro early spring

Edited by Mossypumpkin

4 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Sounds like a solid combo. I’m also diving into the small setup world. Got a 794 and will be pairing it with a tatula 200 6.3 for the TK, cracker, and 6” and under baits. Been many years since I fished a 6 gear ratio but I’m thinking jerkbaiting a Tk and 6” freestyles

Yep

I got into rats and wakes last year and got by with an 806, but for smaller baits I picked up, like the bgc wake and little Johnny rat I want something lighter to chuck them with. I thought about a 794 too but went with the 795 

I saved like $80 getting my setup during black Friday week 

Edited by SumoNinja

11 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Yep

I got into rats and wakes last year and got by with an 806, but for smaller baits I picked up, like the bgc wake and little Johnny rat I want something lighter to chuck them with. I thought about a 794 too but went with the 795 

I saved like $80 getting my setup during black Friday week 

That’s awesome! I did the same shopping around. Got the rod for $184 on amazon and grabbing the reel for $110 on eBay 

@Mossypumpkin @SumoNinja yeah I love izorline. Ideal G2 shell cracker setup for me is 794, Lews superduty 5:1 and izorline 15#. Currently using that except I have a falcon deep crankin rod that I’m in love with. Eventually I’ll get another setup like this for light rats exclusively and I’ll get the 794 since this falcon is discontinued. 

It seems like a lot of us are dabbling in the small setup game as of late! I have been looking for a cranking specific rod lately and grabbed a Powell Endurance 7'11" glass rod for $88 yesterday on TW. Going to pair it with a Tatula HD and 15# izor as well! It will be mainly for the G2 Shellcracker, TK, Deps 175, and big cranks like the 10XD. I'll eventually upgrade to a Champion XP but I couldn't pass up on the cheap Powell deal!