favorite magnum cranks?

Jon P

What are y'all's favorite magnum cranks? I found fishing giant deep diving crankbaits normally reserved for musky/pike to be something of a killer technique on the local strip mine reservoirs. Set aside some hard cash for a new big fiberglass cranking combo and need some baits to accompany it.

I recently ordered a couple of the megabass big M 4.0 baits. Supposed to get down 13’. They have a deep diving version too that gets down to 20’ I think. 

im going to add them into rotation especially at places that have little to no shoreline contour 

10 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Was schooled on em one time for pike also. What's weird is bud I was fishing with said he never used a leader. 

i never use a leader fishing spinner baits for pike, the blade arm keeps it out of their teeth. i guess the same principle might work with cranks but in the world of $30 cranks and multi-hundred dollar swimbaits im not risking ish

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Dsouth said:

Megabass Big M 7.5 along with Strike King Pro Model 8XD was my go to fall deep crank-baits, C+R a lot of schooled up good fall LM along with a handful of good size crappies like this 1.

magnum cranks for crappie?! wild!