DS Customs

Texasfishn

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 8:44 PM, chevro1et said:

Does anybody have any experience / feedback on the DS 7" gill glide?

Wasn’t a fan. Have his wake/crank which was a little better but not worth the cost ($110 I think I paid.) They look fantastic but the swims don’t match the appearance. But that’s my opinion. 

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, chevro1et said:

2 year bump. Looking for feedback on the 8" Shad Glide. Swimbait Reviews vid looks good, just need that extra push before I really commit to getting one. 

I have one and it swims great whether you fish it fast or slow. I’ve had the best luck mixing up the retrieve. I’ll start with slow lazy bumps then speed it up with some quick pops and give it slack and it will really glide out which usually gets any followers to commit. 

8 hours ago, chevro1et said:

2 year bump. Looking for feedback on the 8" Shad Glide. Swimbait Reviews vid looks good, just need that extra push before I really commit to getting one. 

@Ds.attack.rat shad glides in the 6.5, 8 and 10” are as good as glide out there and I have a lot of glides.  Swim is excellent,  sink rates perfect for me and paint is excellent. 

The 8” comes in at about 3oz which is light so u can throw it all day long and enjoy it  

I highly recommend them. 

923695AC-C28C-451E-8E15-B13F3373C143.jpeg

60B1090E-3FBD-4EBA-8955-FC09264A1723.jpeg

Great glides in my opinion. They have a great swimming action that can be somewhat burned. You can fish with slow and wide, lazy glides if you chose. One of the more versatile glides I've used. But since you've seen Swimbait Reviews, you know. I have multiple baits if that tells you something. I also have a couple 10" baits of his. Plus if you want to do a special order Donald, the baitmaker, is a true gentleman to deal with.

20221013_140253_HDR.thumb.jpg.214d5dae02237b462792af8653dd2e8e.jpg

14 hours ago, chevro1et said:

As stated by a few here you can fish my 8” glides many diff ways. Fast or slow. We make 6.5”,8” and 10” models. If your looking for something particular feel free to message me here or on instagram ds.customz

thanks brotha 

Highly recommend his 8 inch glide. I wasn’t a huge fan of glides, I fished the swavers, shine glides, slide swimmer and Deps never did well. Couple of small fish. I bought his glide. I started fishin it in mid March. In one month I had 8-2, 7-5,7-1,5-13,5 and multiple fish under 5lbs. I feel like this bait is a niche bait. That 7-5 was caught in mid March in 3 feet of water. I caught a 5 the same day in the same spot.  All MA fish.  I stopped bass fishin in May. 

The bait is a heavy float. When you cast and it hits the water, the bait will pause a few seconds before it starts to slowly rise.  When you start the retrieve the bait will stay true to the depth, it won’t rise up. I did well on slow reel bumps. You can fish it faster to and it will stay true.  You can also fish it as a topwater

This bait shines in shallow water and over submerged weeds. 

AE779B84-B59E-4F38-8870-AA3EA3D00F2B.jpeg

AC819734-E2C5-4F45-A564-A9D4FA51146C.jpeg

3D468C91-2F13-4DC4-8A6A-0C6894322BF2.jpeg

F870737E-8A97-417E-B400-A039A6225E9B.jpeg

10 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Great catches @bassturds I'm curious in what way you feel like this is a niche bait?  It seems like a very versatile one to me.

This is a floating glide bait. I have not used his 8 inch regular glide. It’s not a slow sink. It’s a slow rise! So you can fish it ultra shallow where normally your glides will sink and get hung up.  You can also fish this bait ultra slow.  If you had a shallow pond with submerged weeds that you normally can’t fish glides in cuz you’ll get hung up on weeds, try this floating glide!  I’m really looking forward to fishing it in the winter!