New Mattlures Shad!?

danthefisherman

I don't have any information on this particular bait, but I can tell you that Matt has made a lot of prototypes that he never put on the market.  And one of those prototypes is still my favorite glide.   Matt has his reasons for not putting all of his designs out.

This is a Mattlures' product.  Whether he is now deciding to release it I don't know.  The fact that Cal is showing the images makes me think there is a strong likely hood that it will.

I have been fishing the same model for about two years.  Sworn, of course, to secrecy until Matt decided if he was going to release it.  The build quality is incredible.  He is doing all new things with the tail, and now fin material.  Front AND rear rotating hook hangers (I love how the rear fin is notched to integrate the hanger).  And yes, like some of you I was surprised to see a different hinge design from him.  Someone mentioned the clear coat, and fear not it is robust like usual.  

As Matt's stuff goes its really more of a revolution than evolution (as compared to his Strong Shad).  In hand and in water it is near the top of the finest stuff I have ever used.

Again, no idea if what I have is going to be released (I sure hope it is!!), but its identical to what Cal is showing on T.T.'s IG.

I'm reluctant to post images unless I hear from the man himself.  If he chimes in I'd be happy to share my images.

-Carl / Keepin'It REEL Fishing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEDHbmZGQ4vuf7ApYUJWjmg?view_as=subscriber

Edited by KeepinItReelFishing

Yes it's mine. I plan on eventually releasing them. It has a thick layer of clear, it is just hard to tell in that picture. The joints are unique in that they are designed to be quiet. No clacking or smashing together with a smooth swim and a lot of thump. the fins are made from a very strong flexible material. I have released many different baits over the years both soft and hard. However I have more protos and unreleased baits then what I have released. 

4 hours ago, Mattlures said:

Yes it's mine. I plan on eventually releasing them. It has a thick layer of clear, it is just hard to tell in that picture. The joints are unique in that they are designed to be quiet. No clacking or smashing together with a smooth swim and a lot of thump. the fins are made from a very strong flexible material. I have released many different baits over the years both soft and hard. However I have more protos and unreleased baits then what I have released. 

Can I share a pic on here Matt?

-Carl