anyone dove hunt ?

LunkerPunkTW

Yep. Just drove all night after work and just reached the fields. :). Taking a few hour nap before going to work again. Hahaha. Then hitting some ponds later. Stoked!

And yah bacon and Italian dressing. :P

dont forget to wrap a chunk of cheese in there too 8-) Dove season then the ducks... bout time to start droppin bodys! :lol:

Yep. Just drove all night after work and just reached the fields. :). Taking a few hour nap before going to work again. Hahaha. Then hitting some ponds later. Stoked!

And yah bacon and Italian dressing. :P

dont forget to wrap a chunk of cheese in there too 8-) Dove season then the ducks... bout time to start droppin bodys! :lol:

no quail? :)

Sitting in carls now using there wifi catching up on chit. I'm having a crappy shoot. Lol. Been 8 or more years since I've dove hunted. And trying to get the swing down again. And most of the birds I've seen have been way out of range. Resorted to walking sunflower fields haha. Hopefully this evening and tomorrow morning are better. Glad some of you guys are getting on em.

Over all today was a good day we walked a road surrounded by un accessable trees so when birds flew over we had to time it just right to land em on the road.. a monster white wing flew over and by the time I saw him he was around 55 yards away and I took a last effort shot and dumped him... then lost a 4+ smallie in a canal at my feet... over all it was pretty good. Good luck to u guys out there !

So I ended up having a great weekend. Late sunday afternoon I was driving down a old fence and saw some other dudes hunting this spot and thought..."this looks good". So I left them alone went to a water whole and ended up picking a few up. Then monday morning I went back to the fence road from the day before and parked under a nice tree. Got 2 birds just chillin by the truck drinking coffee by 8, then this old man rode up on his bike with 2 dogs. Behind him was a bunch of dove, birds went left he stoped and watched, and I got one but it fell into a bunch of deep brush. As im looking for it The old guy calls out " call my dogs over". Once the dogs came over one found it instantly! Ended up going over and talking to him and he gave me some inside local intel lol, which I still greatly appreciated. Funny how you can hunt a area for almost 20 years and still find new things out. Anyway, after a short walk, I had my limit by 9:45. Was stoked to get my first dove limit ever! Ive quail hunted every year for the last 15 years straight, but haven't been dove hunting for about 8. It was fun, I think ill be back next year lol. Me and my pops are headed back out this weekend after finding the honey hole haha.

IMG_1461.jpg

Bryson

I've been out a few times. So far I've managed to bag 17, lost two due to trying to double and got side-tracked of where the first bird fell. With a cold front coming in this weekend, it may end up pushing the birds out but I can't complain, it was good to feel that kick to the shoulder and smell of gun powder.

Man, you guys should see how many birds are out here around the Delta.... you couldnt shoot all the dove that fly around every year. Find an almond orchard... make it rain :shock: . For an avid bird hunter.... this place is heaven... I just cant figure out how to get off the front deck of my Ranger :lol::lol: