Pegboard bait storage optimization

dqb

Prep area growing cramped, decided to fix it. Always annoyed with ugly bent paper clips so started there. Took needle nose and bent shorter (and prettier) hangers from straightened paper clips. Ended up freeing up about 1” per row vertical on my pegboard. Inconsequential to most but hopefully helpful to some. 

011FCD26-5454-4902-8641-07869EABE143.jpeg

B5758AFF-5A8E-4E1F-8E6D-3C324201A05D.jpeg

A1AA25D0-8F57-494A-B78C-B793D9D12A7F.jpeg

Edited by dqb

I use something similar, which is left over thru wire pieces, I make a ring with pliers and then bend the end either straight or to the right, depending on the line tie position. 

another option is those super cheap snaps from bass pro, you can easily bend em if needed and they come in all sizes 

2FF400E8-C352-46E6-89A7-87D5F30FC29E.jpeg

I had a peg board before but did away with it. For me it was for baits I used a lot to replace what’s in my tacklebox if I run out. I guess my question is that really your best option for swimbait storage? What’s the point? Because personally I don’t want to take all my baits off a peg board when I go fishing then put them back up when I get home every time. Other than showing off baits what’s the advantage?

8 minutes ago, Rangermike said:

I had a peg board before but did away with it. For me it was for baits I used a lot to replace what’s in my tacklebox if I run out. I guess my question is that really your best option for swimbait storage? What’s the point? Because personally I don’t want to take all my baits off a peg board when I go fishing then put them back up when I get home every time. Other than showing off baits what’s the advantage?

1. No bent tails (swim is everything)

2. Allows baits to dry

3. Makes finding baits easier. I give each bait a unique id that maps to a spreadsheet that lists weight, stock hooks, style etc

I pack light when I fish, so constant packing / unpacking a isn’t really a concern for me. 

3CE010DC-3D59-45DD-AF60-8190FF0AE833.jpeg

15 minutes ago, dqb said:

1. No bent tails (swim is everything)

2. Allows baits to dry

3. Makes finding baits easier. I give each bait a unique id that maps to a spreadsheet that lists weight, stock hooks, style etc

I pack light when I fish, so constant packing / unpacking a isn’t really a concern for me. 

3CE010DC-3D59-45DD-AF60-8190FF0AE833.jpeg

Very nice and the excel sheet is very impressive.

I wish I had a wall big enough.

2 hours ago, bassbass said:

Very nice and the excel sheet is very impressive.

I wish I had a wall big enough.

Ha it's funny you say that, when I was trying squeeze in a few more baits all I could think was 'damn wtf does bassbass do about storage??'