Redfish and SHARK!!!

flaswimbaiter

I have been trying all summer to catch a big red on hard bait, but they only seem to follow them. Today the floating weeds were so bad I had to use the 316 minnow. It took a couple of hours but I finally got an average sized one about 24â€.

Red24in.jpg

Then things got crazy….. right after I released the red I saw some larger minnows being chased out of casting range, I moved up and stared with a floating HH. I paused my bait right in the middle of the sand patch and “POW†I got hit. I set the hook hard, but the line went slack, then tight again, then whatever I hooked did like Elvis and “left the buildingâ€. I lifted the anchor and went for a ride. When I got close enough I could see it was a bonnet head shark (they will eat fish, but their main forage is shrimp and crabs). Not a huge one but a good sized one and another species to add to my list. Also, it’s a little payback for losing my Jr. this last spring. :D

Shark.jpg

The fight was taking so long I shot a video.

Random picture, this is why I will never move away from Florida.

skyline.jpg

Wow that shark is amazing! Last time I was with my dad in Florida I caught an alligator, was about 4ft. I would post a picture but caught it on a scum frog...either way catching an alligator on a bass rig is exciting! My dad just got a new boat so hopefully I'll have some flipside posts of my own to post! Swimbait+salt life = fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...