Toxic Micro Mink tail

jiggerjake

Never tried it without glue but I assume just the toothpick would hold it fairly well. I just figured I'd put glue on mine to ensure it doesn't accidentally slide out. I don't think that little bit of glue would change the action of the tail at all.

12 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

Mine falls off even just casting around after a while.

I use a straightened out paper clip and thread it thru the eyelet, then bend both ends into a ring to hold it and clip off the excess 

Good idea. If the tail is ripped off you won't have to have a tooth pick on hand to replace it.Just reuse the paper clip.

If you are going to use a round toothpick, here's a couple of things that I do... First, I use a bamboo skewer, since it is a little larger in diameter, fits tighter, and swells up a bit once it is saturated.  Also, I insert the skewer point on an angle so it adds / keeps some tension on the anchor point, reducing the chance of it slipping out or ripping from shifting around during casting, etc.