My second largest bass ever!

mcaetano2905

Last month I caught my new PB, here in Portugal, at 6.24lb and 22.2" long. Today I caught my second largest bass ever! 5.64lb and 20" long! And I caught it on one of the wakebaits I make: a Caetano Swimbaits Wake. It's 6.9" long. I'll post some pictures now and maybe tomorrow I'll post the cast to catch video. Just have to edit the video first. 

IMG_20200306_172007.jpg

IMG_20200306_172021.jpg

7 hours ago, Mossypumpkin said:

I’m so glad you stuck with the swimbait game, dude! You had a frustrating season last year and then this year is a total turn around! Absolutely killing it!! Think I’m gonna need a bigger version of my bait :lol:

Thanks for everything! So many times I talked to you just whining and saying I couldn't catch a big fish... Lol And you had the patience to keep giving me tips and supporting me. About the bigger version of your bait: yes, I really want to make an 8.5 or 9" bait even for myself, because I now have more confidence on 8 and 9" swimbaits than I have on a jig.lol Yesterday I got a massive strike om the 8" Glide Swimmer on the same spot where I caught my PB! Just wasn't able to hook it up. As soon as I have a stable source of the right diameter wood dowels I'll start making the larger baits.