S Waver 200

Bayrunnerbob

The best way to tell is tie it direct, take a dozen casts, put a snap on, take dozen casts, and decide for yourself which looked more natural.  We all have different reeling cadences and styles so no two guys are going to fish it exactly the same.  Also the 200s are pretty inconsistent from bait to bait which will have an impact on which is better.  Make sure you shave the joints a bit if you want to get a wider glide. 

My feeling is that the only 2 good things about the s-waver is that it doesn't helicopter on the cast and it's cheap - I'm not a fan.

15 minutes ago, waynem said:

My feeling is that the only 2 good things about the s-waver is that it doesn't helicopter on the cast and it's cheap - I'm not a fan.

I have said this to many people and I always get the "tactical bassin fishes them" response. Need to try it yourself, not just because someone else does!

9 hours ago, Jinxd12 said:

I have said this to many people and I always get the "tactical bassin fishes them" response. Need to try it yourself, not just because someone else does!

To me the action is just too mechanical.  That sometimes works a bit for me when the water is extremely cold but anything other than that, and I'll be reaching for a glide with a more natural swim.  I do toss 200s in saltwater because they hold up to bluefish teeth fairly well and they are cheap.  The Tactical guys have a lot of good information but you need to realize they are guides.  If one of their clients loses a bait its a lot cheaper for them to replace a 168 s-waver than a 3:16 workhorse, Deps 175, Negotiator, etc.  That's just my view and if other people like them I'm fine with that too.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, bigpoppabass said:

Actually swavers are notorious for helicoptering on the cast. 

Nope.  Lots of other are much worse.  

On 3/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, bigpoppabass said:

Actually swavers are notorious for helicoptering on the cast. 

5 hours ago, waynem said:

Nope.  Lots of other are much worse.  

Seen it myself. You gotta be careful of lob casts with em.  Preventable yes. There are archive discussions about issues other su members have had going back to 2015. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

19 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Seen it myself. You gotta be careful of lob casts with em.  Preventable yes. There are archive discussions about issues other su members have had going back to 2015. 

BigPoppa- It makes no sense to me to continue arguing about this.  Lets agree to say that one of of knows what they're talking about and one of us doesn't.  We can leave it to the SU members to decide which one you are and which one I am.  That is the last I have to say about this.