Some Wake Jr Fish after a cold front

Amistoad

After a cold front came through and dropped Daytime temperatures about 35 degrees yesterday, today was warmer and overcast. Time to hit my local lake and wake up some bass. Fortunately, the lake is still open. No huge fish, but a bunch of 16-21” bass happy to attack the Wake Jr on a deadsticking or slow twitch retrieve. Met another SU member, Ryan (I think) from San Marcos and kept a good social distance. Good to see another maniac throwing the big stuff here in my corner of the world! Hope you nailed some on your Pizz baits! I’ll keep trying to find those big, hungry lady bass. Until next time, stay safe, stay healthy, and keep grinding!

4E09A912-E963-4CA1-81D5-65F853D182E0.jpeg

F45C0D73-42A5-4E1C-B3C2-BF68E21DB3BE.jpeg

28C153B9-5D19-4E35-A8BB-466BF01B0C95.jpeg

8 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Nice fish and cool pattern on that bait!

Thanks. The pattern almost perfectly matches the tilapia in the lake. Not sure it matters much in a topwater, but it makes me happy. I’ve read that once bass reach 5 lbs or so, they transition from sucking up threadfin to crushing sunfish, tilapia, and gizzard shad. Makes sense. 

1ABB0E4D-9D57-4EF4-A3C6-4FE6E719E9C4.jpeg

4416F4D1-A59A-4FC1-8CFD-9B09B3943413.jpeg