2020 SU Grassroots Swap Finished Bait/Exchange Thread

chefchris

So this thread will be for listing all the finished baits for the swap detailing their build specs/hardware/construction and the thread we will be pick our baits on this Saturday or Sunday April 11th or 12th. I think we should all agree on a day and time that works for everyone as best as possible so everyone can pick and go in order. Unless you guys have another idea for how to make the swap work easier/better?? 

I went thru the sign up/build thread and grabbed pics/specs for the finished baits, sent PMs to anyone that was missing info or I hadn't heard from. 

Everyone who has a bait posted here will be taking part in the swap. 

I will use a "Random Name Picker" from online, put all the names in, film the outcome (so everyone sees there is no playing favorites) and then we will pick based on that order. 

Thanks again for everyone that built a bait, attempted to build a bait, followed the thread, played along and made it a pleasurable experience! 

1st bait built by @azfisher 

6", SS Bluegill Glide Bait, 4.6 oz.  Resin construction, painted with Wicked & Createx paints then cleared with 2K auto clear. ST-36 hooks and 2X SS hardware and a Lexan tail
Gets thrown on an 806 paired with a Abu NaCl 50 in 6.4:1 with 20LB Abrazx.

azswap.jpg

2nd bait built by @azsouth

7", 2 Piece Wake and Crank, 2.2oz, has internal rattles, made from PVC trim board, SS .072 hardware, Tactical Angler 50lb clip, #5 split rings, hooks are #2 KVD short shank, top coat is KBS 2 coats, Bait is a wake but will crank down between 1 to 2 feet.

azsouthswap.jpg

4th bait was built by @WashedAshore

Bait is constructed out of Western Red Cedar, heat epoxy sealed, airbrushed paints, epoxy topcoat, fiber tail. 5.5" and 2.5oz rigged. 

It has a large internal rattle chamber that I constructed out of slingshot shot and stainless steel discs.

It has a very specific walk/cadence. In order to work the bait properly, you need to get a feel for how the internal shot ball moves inside the bait. Takes a few casts to get it right. 

waswap.jpg

5th bait for the swap was made by @BrierBob

Bait is a 2 Piece Shallow Diver/Crankdown that swims 0-4', specs are 5.5" and weighs 2.25oz, Hooks: are short shank round bend, has a Plastisol tail and lexan lip.

brierbobswap.jpg

6th entry for the swap was built by @BrhodesBassin he has listed two baits and you get to choose which color scheme you'd like. 

Bait is a 2 piece glide, wooden construction, hand poured lead weights, bait is 6" and weighs 2.75oz, comes equipped with size 2 hooks and size 4 split rings, soft plastic tail. Labeled as a moderate sink (A little fast for a slow sink but by no means a fast sink)

Notes:  I'm sending with a split ring on the line tie because I don't remember if used one when I tuned it or not

brhodesswap1.jpg

brhodesswap2.jpg

7th bait entry is built by @RayRe, he is also giving a choice of color. 

Bait is a 6" ( not including the tail) resin poured catfish swimmer, fast sink as it was designed to fish it deeper in the water column. Finished weight of the bait is 3oz with hooks, rings and fins. Fins and tail are poured from silicone, clear coat is 2K auto clear. Swims at all speeds / burns well, all baits will have tail/fins installed. 

RayReswap1.jpeg

RayReswap2.jpeg

8th bait entry was built by @juice54

Bait is a two piece wooden constructed (basswood) wake and crank, painted in a bass scheme. Bait is 6.5" overall and weighs 3.62oz. Wakes and cranks down 2-3' on 20Lb. fluorocarbon. Bait has a very good knocking sound while waking and cranking. 

Notes: can be thrown on 795 up to 806 

juice54swap.jpeg

juice54swap1.jpeg

9th entry into the swap was built by @chrisramirez

Bait is a 8" multi-piece slow sink, resin constructed, weighs 3.1oz, has a thin profile and a tight swim with a hand poured plastic tail, rigged with decoy quad hooks and ss rings. 

crswap1.jpg

crswap2.jpg

Edited by chefchris
added

10th completed bait was built by @TootsMalone

Bait is 4 piece bass profile, total length is 7.5" and weighs 2.47oz, constructed with a hard resin body with soft urethane tail fin and pectoral fins. Painted with Createx Wicked paints and KBS Diamond Finish clear. Bait is slow sinking and comes rigged with Decoy Y-F33F 2/0 treble hooks and Owner 60lb. split rings

tootsswap1.jpg

tootsswap2.jpg

11th bait for the swap was built by @Mountainryan

This 3 piece rat constructed using dyed tinted resin. Body of the bait is 7" and total length with tail is 11", weighs just over 3oz and has Mustad 1/0 KVD triple grip hooks and ss rings. 

mrswap1.jpeg

13th and last bait (possibly)  for the swap was built by myself @chefchris

Chef Crawler (Cruller) Body is 4.25", Finished weight with hooks 2.5oz, Hooks and rings are VMC 1/0 Bronze with 50Lb. Owner Hyper wire rings. Bait has burned gill bars, then epoxy heat sealed, then painted with graffiti/professional grade spray paints, then True Coat Epoxy with green and holo pearl mixed in. 

The body has weighted hook hangers so that the bait rights itself upon landing and casts really well with the weighted tail to help compensate for the wings and the position they needed to stay in to guarantee a solid swim. 

fishes best tied direct on straight braid, slow to moderate retrieve will get the bait moving and leaves a nice bubble trail. 

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg