Package thief's

El_Weruso

Thanks for the kind words everyone, i doubt i'll get it back. Wouldn't be surprised if he threw it away once he saw it's not something he could sell. I'm going to report it but not keeping my expectations up. Taking this as a learning lesson

Had this happen to a gift I bought my dad last father's day. Luckily my next door neighbor had CCTV and captured the whole incident on video and was able to get a full image of the perp. Week later  after the incident was told she was arrested and there was a warrant for her arrest out for over a year. Unfortunately they did not find my stolen package but when she was picked up, they found over 30+ amazon/other packages that were not addressed to her, still sealed, and had multiple power tools, cellphones, laptops/tablets. That guy will get what's coming to him and hopefully it all works out and they can recover your baits. Sorry bro. Because of this incident I now have all my personal packages shipped to my work address. At least that way it will get intercepted by people I work with and trust and I will get my package for sure. I know that not everyone has this option though.

@dixonbasslayer89 Yeah man, i usually have my packages come to work but my lady has been working from home so i thought i'd be okay but the USPS lady didn't ring the bell or knock to let her know she dropped off packages. half an hour later that f%@$ing guy passed by.. Just wanted to post this because home package deliveries are high with the current situation and just wanted to prevent this from happening to anyone else

Man what a piece of ish- sorry this happened. Hope you’re able to recover the baits somehow. I always get mine shipped to my work where someone has to sign for them for this very reason. Maybe something to look into in the future if it’s an option. 

It occurs to me that during these tough economic times, there may be more people out there who find themselves suddenly out of work and desperate to find a way to make money to survive, perhaps even to the point that they're willing to break the law.  It might be worth keeping that in mind if you're shipping or planning to receive a package to make sure that you take advantage of the options to have packages signed for.  It could save you the frustration of having something stolen and it could prevent someone who is feeling desperate from being presented with an easy crime of opportunity.

That really sucks man. With as many people working from home or out of work as there are, you’d think a thief would think twice about hitting a house right now. 100% better chance of them looking at the wrong end of the barrel at my house right now while I’m home than when I’m usually at the office....

Edited by buzzed bait

I had this happen to me a few times and started getting my packages delivered to the back porch. If this is an option for you, I would highly recommend it. I filed two different police reports (with video footage) and nothing ever came of it. I hope you have some better luck than I did.

I wonder if printing something up with a picture of him on it and posting it around the neighborhood would get any bites?

That's some good footage, maybe someone will recognize him. It's probably a distant long shot, but may at least discourage him from cruising your hood if he sees his mug stapled to the phone pole.