Laminating big bass board

Kyle1387

Had bought a travel board a couple months ago and after having to deal w unraveling it and letting it flatten was wondering if anyone has laminated them on to plywood or something similar to turn them into a standard board

1 hour ago, Kyle1387 said:

Had bought a travel board a couple months ago and after having to deal w unraveling it and letting it flatten was wondering if anyone has laminated them on to plywood or something similar to turn them into a standard board

I was thinking of doing this cause I need another board for the new boat and no one has any and Mike said with everything going on it might be a while 

I was going to use some two part waterproof epoxy and adhere it to a piece of sealed plywood, only issue is no curve like the skateboard boards 

7 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I was thinking of doing this cause I need another board for the new boat and no one has any and Mike said with everything going on it might be a while 

I was going to use some two part waterproof epoxy and adhere it to a piece of sealed plywood, only issue is no curve like the skateboard boards 

Gotcha. That was a bother question I had about the curve. Let me know if you try it. I’m assuming it would work fine w plywood. Just wasn’t sure if the board would react with the epoxy 

I used spray adhesive to affix my travel board to a piece of curved thin trim board. Hasn't peeled back yet and if it does I can just peel it off and wipe that back with Acetone to remove any adhesive residue. I found a piece that was curved already, but if not,  I would have soaked it and strapped it around my O2 tank and let it dry to create the curve. Hope this helps...

Hit up Home Depot for some particle board for the back, was gonna use plexiglass but of course they didn’t have sheets big enough ( as Home Depot always does). Used some 3m spray adhesive and drilled a hole on the end where the Velcro piece is. Seemed to hold good. Gonna super glue a couple spots from overlap but seems like it’ll work great

3A9714FD-644D-47B2-8CF0-6A73CCF24698.jpeg

5AA7D560-FFF3-4EA9-BE8B-DC6D602F0925.jpeg

6D14F171-03B3-445A-A74F-52CEC061C6C6.jpeg