Maine Bigin

Mossypumpkin

Just now, 207klasher said:

@Mossypumpkin where you at in Maine? I'm up around Bangor and the water is still freezing. Been getting skunked the last few weeks.

Waterville. I didn’t realize you were that far north. I lived in old town and hampden for almost 10 years

3 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Waterville. I didn’t realize you were that far north. I lived in old town and hampden for almost 10 years

Hell yeah, that's a catch of a lifetime up here! I've got a camp on Green Lake but that's predominantly smallmouth. You know of any good LMB spots around my area?

1 hour ago, 207klasher said:

Hell yeah, that's a catch of a lifetime up here! I've got a camp on Green Lake but that's predominantly smallmouth. You know of any good LMB spots around my area?

Shoot me a pm

10 minutes ago, Noreaster603 said:

heck ya man congrats that is beauty for sure! Water temps are still crazy cold too.

Still low 40s here and ice has been out 3 weeks. Should be over 50. That 10” of snow last week didn’t help lol

1 minute ago, Mossypumpkin said:

Shoot me a pm

Still low 40s here and ice has been out 3 weeks. Should be over 50. That 10” of snow last week didn’t help lol

haha dang you guys are still getting hammered on up there. Finally got my first wake fish of the year down here but has been crazy slow, hoping to put in some work this weekend. Your year has started off on fire, but then again you stay on em! GREAT fish man.

2 hours ago, Harshwaters said:

Well done man ! Why does the Huddleston never show me any love.Still waiting .

Took me months and months to catch my first hudd fish. Then pretty much started catching on them every time I tossed it. It’s just weird getting that first fish

4 hours ago, Harshwaters said:

Well done man ! Why does the Huddleston never show me any love.Still waiting .

Off course, the man of the hour here may disagree. It took me about a decade to start using mine.  A good starting point is an rof 12 and use it like a jig and let it hit bottom on slack line. Drop it in front of you in two feet of water and watch how it sits on bottom with tail softly dancing to get idea. For rof 0 and rof 5 models, I strongly suggest you watch Mikey's mission fish vid on utube.  Need to point rod at bait for good hookups, a weird idea that works. Third, you have to swim bait slower than you think and then slower than that. I use an old curado bantam 5:1 retrieve and it is uncomfortable to use, because it is so slow sometimes if feels like I am not moving bait at all. But that tail is kicking.