Petition against NY DEC

ThatKidInNY

• ThatKidInNY changed the title to Petition against NY DEC
15 minutes ago, dylan628 said:

I signed man that’s stupid. Don’t you think they would encourage us to go fishing. Reason number 1,000,000 I hate this state 

Exactly, as much as I love the nature and views NY has to offer, I dispise the idiots that run it.

I could see shut down of state parks because the past few days by me (I live in Rockland ny) there's literally been thousands of people flooding them double parking on streets and mass congregating which is stupid. But also it's stupid to choose boat ramps in more rural areas and even in my state parks that I had to pay to get access too with limited parking and I'm going on lakes where ill be hundreds of acres away from the nearest person Cuomo is a moron.

I understand why they are doing it, Coronavirus lives and n metal for up to 5 days, and wood up to 4. So one sick person goes down the ramp, spreading germs, pretty easy to spread it. 

Fourtanetly, our governor, realizes that a lot of people make a living by use of our waterways, so he left them open. 

27 minutes ago, ThatKidInNY said:

It would make sense to do it in NYC but for the rest of the state it makes no sense. 

exactly, most of our DEC ramps by me (southern tier) are barely used and can only hold 2 or 3 cars for the small ponds they are on. Problem is most of the lakes around me are DEC launches so they just shut down 75% of my fishing, luckily I still have a few lakes that aren't DEC launches

He closed them because I don't know about you but I would rather not get it, keep all my loved ones and friends safe then go fish. I love to fish but this is not a time to be mad over things that you can't do any more like fishing. This is about saving peoples lives, and if people keep going out we won't be able to fish for an even longer time.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, SDBasser said:

This is about saving peoples lives, and if people keep going out we won't be able to fish for an even longer time.

First part yes, second part no. This virus is here and not going away.  Tomorrow, next month, next year, year after, this is our new normal. Hopefully medical is able to create a vaccine, to which the stupid anti-vaccers won't use anyway. Everything shut down festers poor health from people not getting exercise who physically need it to mental stress and illness associated with. Some people are afraid to go outside, not going to a doctor when they otherwise know they should. Bottom line, politicians are not qualified to make decisions about other peoples lives.

As for a boat ramp, it's not even remotely as dangerous as going to a grocery store. I don't know about you or others reading but I'm at a grocery store every week. Sometimes more than once. Take precaution, be smart, no problem. And this around all those people and all the things they touch in an enclosed environment? Not that horribly dangerous fresh air outdoor boat ramp? Not to mention the distance apart on water? I can't hardly imagine how deadly that must be.... It's ridiculous we're not allowed to be there. It's stupid.

Just now, Good Year 71 said:

First part yes, second part no. This virus is here and not going away.  Tomorrow, next month, next year, year after, this is our new normal. Hopefully medical is able to create a vaccine, to which the stupid anti-vaccers won't use anyway. Everything shut down festers poor health from people not getting exercise who physically need it to mental stress and illness associated with. Some people are afraid to go outside, not going to a doctor when they otherwise know they should. Bottom line, politicians are not qualified to make decisions about other peoples lives.

As for a boat ramp, it's not even remotely as dangerous as going to a grocery store. I don't know about you or others reading but I'm at a grocery store every week. Sometimes more than once. Take precaution, be smart, no problem. And this around all those people and all the things they touch in an enclosed environment? Not that horribly dangerous fresh air outdoor boat ramp? Not to mention the distance apart on water? I can't hardly imagine how deadly that must be.... It's ridiculous we're not allowed to be there. It's stupid.

agreed 100%