McClure

Ceaser

Anyone fish McClure. Gonna be next to it and am going to chuck some baits from shore wednesday morning. Gonna see how those fish like a big rat! I dont know about access or anything but I seen the signs! Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pretty decent shore access if you go out of Barrett's cove. My brother fished the bank there a lot (with worms) and he's fat and lazy. You can go to either ramp and start from there. Your best bet would probly be to go to the marina and work north from there. I have no idea how the bite is

Fish should be starting to bunch up on shad in the coves. But targeting that from shore will be difficult. If you can hit it at first or last light I would toss big topwater off every point I could walk to. Tons of little spots in that lake but there are some nice largemouth and nice spots. Good luck.

Both lakes are good. I've never fished from shore at either but you should be able to hit some points that will hold fish. McClure has a large spotted bass population and they'll usually be easier to catch but you may need to downsize your baits a bit. There are some big largies though too. A good friend of mine caught a 15lb 15oz there 2 years ago so there are big largemouths. I've moved from that area recently so Im not sure what the lakes are like right now but you should be able to get something to come up on a wakebait if you throw it enough.

Got some shore access, alot of fish eating on top... but I stood up really high on a hill and could see they were about two pounds... maybe. Also saw what looked to be better fishing milling the shallows, looking for crawdads or something.. but they wouldnt look at a swimmer. Shad looked to be 2". I threw my kokanee BAA at sun up. no takers, i left the two pounders for the dropshot guys :twisted::twisted:

I've moved from that area recently so Im not sure what the lakes are like right now but you should be able to get something to come up on a wakebait if you throw it enough.

I have got 3 blanks from pedro on the big bite.

Does that help? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: OK, Don knows Don (Pedro) better than I do so maybe that's a negative on Pedro fishing.

I thought about calling my buddy up there (you might know him Don, his name is Aaron Cole) to see if he knows how things are crackin' in the mother lode but I remembered he's in Louisiana right now getting ready for a big FLW tourney so that won't work.

I wonder if the cool down this weekend might kick start something though. Worth a shot I think.

Wow, I just realized that you already went to McClure. Oh well, maybe I'll head that way this weekend and give it a shot.

I've moved from that area recently so Im not sure what the lakes are like right now but you should be able to get something to come up on a wakebait if you throw it enough.

I have got 3 blanks from pedro on the big bite.

Does that help? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: OK, Don knows Don (Pedro) better than I do so maybe that's a negative on Pedro fishing.

I thought about calling my buddy up there (you might know him Don, his name is Aaron Cole) to see if he knows how things are crackin' in the mother lode but I remembered he's in Louisiana right now getting ready for a big FLW tourney so that won't work.

I wonder if the cool down this weekend might kick start something though. Worth a shot I think.

Wow, I just realized that you already went to McClure. Oh well, maybe I'll head that way this weekend and give it a shot.

Yes, I know him, well I met him at a night tourney that we got Big fish in :lol:

Allen does pretty well. He's as good as any to talk too about fishing. :D

The weather is cooling it may help the bite all over. And just because I did bad @ Pedro doesn't mean you wont ;) . Mc Clure has a lot more spots, Pedro is getting there with the Spots though :lol: . Good luck whatever you fish.