DRT knob hack

NaCity

• 11 months later...

hey man. i just saw your comment on helping others with the drt knobs on stock handles? can you send me a video on how you did it please? i would appreciate it. thanks

• 1 month later...

here’s my short story:

bought two varial handles from buyee (japanese auction site) not knowing they both were incomplete and missing the mounting shafts that I needed to attach the knobs. so I thought i’d try the 13 fishing mounting shafts. well turns out the varial handles are so specifically designed that these 13 fishing ones barely don’t fit on because of a tiny notch in the  DRT handle.

so, I decided to sell the varial handles to people who had the parts and could actually use them and went with the 13 fishing handle instead. i’d say it turned out pretty clean although i’m probably going to go for a handle a bit longer (100-110mm). any suggestions on good handles (raw handles, ones without knobs) that arent $180? thanks guys 939CF3A7-0282-464C-9203-ACF85359BD9E.thumb.jpeg.b3476dbd5921c8999afc098c85ffd5ad.jpeg7A6D7B8B-59DE-4428-92F6-B5FD04E4B45E.thumb.jpeg.739b80abe432c258e388b0b5a6fd7b7f.jpeg

also wondering if anyone has tried the flat knobs on a hawgtech handle with this method. in one of the previous posts in this forum it appears that the flat knobs had to be trimmed to fit the hawgtech. any info helps.

• 2 months later...

You need the bearing carrier sleeves. You can either do what the op did in this post by making them from another reel handle, or you can buy the full knob sets individually from drt if you can find em and they go for about $70-$80. Only other option is to buy a varial handle for $250-$300. 

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, bengyaj said:

This is GOLD! I just purchased the slim knobs only to realize it doesn't come with the shaft lol. But now can't seem to find 13 cork knobs anywhere

Ebay, buy the handle, take the sleeves, and throw the rest away. There under $30 if remember correctly 

9 hours ago, 89Fisher said:

Contact 13fishing direct they have a ton of knobs instock. I've done all knob mods to all my handles including studio composite handles

20220204_173543.jpg

Just left 13 Fishing an email. Do you know if it's only the gen 1 handles that work or would any 13 knob work? 

Edited by bengyaj
Spelling

5 minutes ago, bengyaj said:

Just left 13 Fishing an email. Do you know if it's only the gen 1 handles that work or would any 13 knob work? 

Not sure I just ask to order the cork knobs. I'll try and find the email and PM u the part number