DRT knob hack

NaCity

Additional Update:

Looked for additional knob donor options last night. Noticed that Lew’s Custom Shop cork and EVA knobs have screw in caps as well. After inspecting some today, they are too large as well. Found that Academy carries carbon replacement handles branded under h2ox that seem to have similar caps, but upon inspecting those, it appears maybe those caps are glued in place. So those are also not suitable donors. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, NaCity said:

Did you order concept A sleeves or concept A3 sleeves? Also if the hawgtech handle requires long sleeves then the concept A sleeves will not work and the sleeve come off 

@NaCity do the concept A and A3 have different sleeves? I’m considering doing this to my A3 if I can’t find a way to make a variable handle work.

3 hours ago, LureFlyingAcrossThePond said:

Concept is 7x4 so the Shimano Drt nuts should work

I thought I saw somewhere else in this thread that the Shimano nut is threaded to tighten to the left where 13 is threaded to the right? I could be mistaken though.

25 minutes ago, StoneCole said:

I thought I saw somewhere else in this thread that the Shimano nut is threaded to tighten to the left where 13 is threaded to the right? I could be mistaken though.

All brands will thread differently based on left or right hand retrieve….otherwise the handle would screw off on the retrieve.

2 hours ago, brootalititties said:

All brands will thread differently based on left or right hand retrieve….otherwise the handle would screw off on the retrieve.

Good point lol

2 hours ago, brootalititties said:

All brands will thread differently based on left or right hand retrieve….

True but i dont know why they are made that way, aren't the shafts and handles indexed with the rectangular cut?  Seems that they could all be standard threading without issue

45 minutes ago, MurdaJ said:

True but i dont know why they are made that way, aren't the shafts and handles indexed with the rectangular cut?  Seems that they could all be standard threading without issue

Yur right and they also have locking plates. Probably has more to do with the drag than the locking nut