DRT knob hack

NaCity

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Prodigy_Lee said:

Put me on man lol 

what do I need. 

Only done the big wheel knobs.

drt knobs and wheels of choice. 13 fishing cork knob. Cut cork off you only need silver shaft. Shove 13 shaft in drt knob. Transfer factory bearings to new drt knob and install. If factory knob has bushings, replace with bearings. 

1 minute ago, ROBERTR said:

Only done the big wheel knobs.

drt knobs and wheels of choice. 13 fishing cork knob. Cut cork off you only need silver shaft. Shove 13 shaft in drt knob. Transfer factory bearings to new drt knob and install. If factory knob has bushings, replace with bearings. 

Appreciate it I’ll see if I can switch it out on Stradic. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:02 PM, Chuch10 said:

Thank you @NaCity . I was able to throw on  some flat knobs on my Conquest 400 using this hack. I used my stock handle. If anybody has questions send me a DM. 

20200515_222749.jpg

20200515_222758.jpg

20200515_225923.jpg

Would you be able to DM me for some help on this? 

On 4/6/2022 at 9:26 PM, Rbalden said:

I’ve got quite a few 13 knobs and shafts that I’ve used. Anyone pm me if needing some

Would you be able to DM me?  I can't send DM's yet.  I would greatly appreciate it!

• 3 months later...

Is this knob hack compatible with the Calform knobs? I recently purchased the knobs and caps only to find out it doesn't have the shaft. I'm new to this. Also, if someone has extra knobs or shafts to sell please let me know.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, Rbalden said:

Yes the hack will work with the cal form. 
move got some 13 shafts for the hack 

I’m sorry who has the shafts that I can buy? Thanks. I’m a new member so I cannot PM. Ty 

25 minutes ago, Rbalden said:

ive got some. lol  i got them form Kabeles trading post.

www.kabeles.com

Please send me private message. I will buy some knobs from you. Thanks 

• 4 months later...

Quick update for anyone looking…

I picked up WCZ Flat Knobs and Mk-1 wheel caps, thinking I’d be able to find 13 knobs as donors for the sleeves. As of 2/2024, they’re relatively unavailable. What you will find is a bit high priced at $35 for a pair of knobs, or $40 for a complete handle. Mike had said in one of his older videos that if you find the Mk-1 caps available through certain outlets (other than DRT-USA or WCZ), and feel like it’s a good deal, then be cautious as they’re often listing one cap. I unfortunately didn’t catch this until my first order shipped from Japan Tackle. So, I’m basically $80 into caps after paying their $26 in flat rate shipping on ordering a second cap. At the time it was one of the only locations I could find them, and I did have other Daiwa knobs in my first order. 

On another note; I had a Ardent handle floating around with very similar knobs. While they do have a threaded cap similar to the 13 knobs, and the thread pitch looks identical, the ID of the threaded portion of the sleeve is about 0.5-1mm larger. So I’d be apprehensive about ordering any similar, generic, Chinese cork/eva knobs on ebay, as I’m sure they’re all produced in the same factory and are similar. Picture below to illustrate what they look like. 

50271593-3188-4E1D-80EF-B3E4EB353137.png