Small-ish fishing backpack recommendation?

swimbaitrookie

I need a recommendation for a smaller fishing style backpack to haul around a couple of 4-pocket eye-surrender wraps and a 3600 size plano box, along with tools/snacks and such.  I have a large Okuma backpack that can hold 4 3600 boxes and half the contents of what I could carry in my Ranger, but it's about twice as big as I want to carry.  

I don't cheapo but not looking for a Simms either.

Not exactly what you’re asking for but so much more comfortable and accessible than backpack imo; Simms dry creek z hip pack, Fits a couple 3600 plus a couple bait wraps perf, plus a water bottle on top. Perf for bank in hot temps. 

40709F23-5FD0-4092-B65B-2A8D5006586D.jpeg

5112D28B-A5C7-4930-9663-68B6C9EC93BA.jpeg

The super bait korea and SU single strap bag has been the perfect swimbait bag for me. Perfect size, being on the smaller size, and if u want to go bigger u can just add pockets to the front. Can hold a thiccc bait wrap filled with a mother, hinkle, klash 9, and 3 tks as well as a 2 3700 plano boxes. Some might not be able to justify the price but sure is one helluva bag!

Just now, chilean_turkey said:

The super bait korea and SU single strap bag has been the perfect swimbait bag for me. Perfect size, being on the smaller size, and if u want to go bigger u can just add pockets to the front. Can hold a thiccc bait wrap filled with a mother, hinkle, klash 9, and 3 tks as well as a 2 3700 plano boxes. Some might not be able to justify the price but sure is one helluva bag!

also if u cast on ur right, it allows full freedom to cast since the strap runs from top left to bottom right. Really nice when hucking big baits to have the freedom of motion while casting.

6 hours ago, chilean_turkey said:

Thanks!  Didn't know that product existed.

Not sure it I am too late to the party here, but I just ordered a bag from Red Gills after my old school backpack tore. $99 is a heck of a deal for the quality and storage of that bag! 

Heres the link: https://www.redgills.net/collections/red-gills/products/red-gills-tackle-backpack

On 5/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, dqb said:

Not exactly what you’re asking for but so much more comfortable and accessible than backpack imo; Simms dry creek z hip pack, Fits a couple 3600 plus a couple bait wraps perf, plus a water bottle on top. Perf for bank in hot temps. 

40709F23-5FD0-4092-B65B-2A8D5006586D.jpeg

5112D28B-A5C7-4930-9663-68B6C9EC93BA.jpeg

Bro, I see a minimum of 6 UFO gills. Quit hoarding them!

maxpedition makes a good pack that will last...all these name branded packs are junk with a patch sewn on.  Buy quality and it pays for itself in time.  I had a Sitka gear slinger and that was nice, good for carrying too.

maxpedition.com

C40C9D0B-1A15-418F-B484-0E33766B8FF6.png

Edited by xxlbass

21 minutes ago, xxlbass said:

maxpedition makes a good pack that will last...all these name branded packs are junk with a patch sewn on.  Buy quality and it pays for itself in time.  I had a Sitka gear slinger and that was nice, good for carrying too.

maxpedition.com

C40C9D0B-1A15-418F-B484-0E33766B8FF6.png

Thanks Mike