Short Swimbait Rods

PKNNH

I am a huge fan of short swimbait rods since I fish from the shore (and when I say short I mean 7'5" and lower). I own the DEPS 7'3", Tulala 7'5", and Megabass 7'2". 

I'm looking for other short swimbait rods out there. What are you guys throwing?

so the new megabass tequila baccarrac looks sick, 7' rated 1/2 to 4 or 5oz, the hookup tackle has some IG videos and reviews on it, the rod was designed an build to throw everything from frogs to a-rigs/swimbaits and 7' for easy travel. 

8 hours ago, chefchris said:

so the new megabass tequila baccarrac looks sick, 7' rated 1/2 to 4 or 5oz, the hookup tackle has some IG videos and reviews on it, the rod was designed an build to throw everything from frogs to a-rigs/swimbaits and 7' for easy travel. 

1/2 to 4-5 oz!  That's a range :shock:   But having one rod to do everything?  That takes the fun out of buying rods.

i am currently throwing a wicked customs rod "shorty" he just came out with this shorter style rod and tbh I prefer it over my 8' rod even in the boat. He is on IG but dont believe he is on the underground. The rod is 7' XH with fast action  rated 1-6oz.. I throw everything on it from UFO to biggfeast bomber wakes.

i find a lot of times the difference is made up or lost in the handle.  i actually prefer a short handle because i fish out of a kayak most of the time.  I've considered trying to shorten the handles on the white labels i've got, but don't have the cojones to do it... 

not as short as the ones you've listed but i really like the irod swim jr.  it's 7'8" but light as a feather and the handle is shorter so it doesn't seem like such a big rod to me.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a hair longer than you’re talking about at 7’6” but the Poison Glorious 176XXH-SB might be one of the nicest swimbait rods I’ve ever seen and/or fished. Weighs 147grams and rated to 10.5oz... almost seems impossible until you fish it. It’s amazing. 

AD69D95F-BF16-47C4-A6E5-F5C13E5AA861.jpeg

8E704E74-E734-4B8B-BB92-04EA8FE042CF.jpeg

Edited by Cranky