Well believe the hype on the DRT TK's

rocknemo

I finally broke down and bought a TK. I never could get one on a drop so I paid the stupid price. Well first trip using it proved that its a major fish catcher. Caught five good ones with one at 9.2 lbs. and all but one came lipless with the V tail. Still trying to figure out what it will do, but this certainly was a pretty good start. Not that you can buy them right now but can someone explain what different lips there are and what they do?

ttt.PNG

yk1.PNG

Nice catch!

TKs have 3 lips. Stock lip is more like a cranking lip. Short lip/minnow lip gives is more of a "rolling" action. And there is an angled lip that allows a tighter cranking action and deeper diving (really hard to find though).

52 minutes ago, PKNNH said:

Nice catch!

TKs have 3 lips. Stock lip is more like a cranking lip. Short lip/minnow lip gives is more of a "rolling" action. And there is an angled lip that allows a tighter cranking action and deeper diving (really hard to find though).

U can also flip the deep diving lip to make it a wake bait

17 hours ago, rocknemo said:

Thanks for the great info! I want me one of those deep divers,  but sounds like so does everyone else.  What do you mean by a rolling action?

Think about how different crank baits wobble or roll, the TK will have a different wobble or roll to it with the different lips. 

28 minutes ago, rocknemo said:

I have a joker, rattling version, was thinking about taking the rattlers out as it’s crazy loud. What are your guys thoughts on that and is it possible to use it’s lip on a K9

I’ve never personally tried but I’ve heard you can use them but they are tough to get in the slot, but someone may know more than me on the subject 

16 hours ago, rocknemo said:

I have a joker, rattling version, was thinking about taking the rattlers out as it’s crazy loud. What are your guys thoughts on that and is it possible to use it’s lip on a K9

Leave them. Think about how you’ll utilize that exceptionally loud wake. Maybe a rainy or windy day. Super muddy water, etc

17 hours ago, rocknemo said:

U can use the joker lip as a deep diver lip for the k9